Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Steele for the next two or big bob?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Just doing my fantasy football for next week and wondering is Jason will get both games or big bob will make an appearance?

Anyone got any thoughts (or if RDZ is reading and fancies telling me!) :)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Steele for Arsenal defo. However if things don’t go well and he carries any blame then I wouldn’t be so confident about the barcodes game. RDZ has shown he’ll switch and, although far from the only one, Steele didn’t cover himself in glory on Monday.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Steele for Arsenal defo. However if things don’t go well and he carries any blame then I wouldn’t be so confident about the barcodes game. RDZ has shown he’ll switch and, although far from the only one, Steele didn’t cover himself in glory on Monday.

As opposed to the rest of the team?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As opposed to the rest of the team?
Agreed, not many came out of that game well. No blame, we know the reasons, the games were coming too thick and fast. Teams battling to stay up seem to have more desire than trams near the top at this stage of the season too imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It should be Steele. Some of the pile on after the Everton defeat was ridiculous.
TBF, so was the pile on on Sanchez after the Palace match! Back on topic, I expect Steele to be the no.1 for this season, barring injury - or a couple of shocking matches.
I just hope this doesn't result in us losing Big Bob if he buggers off to be no.1 elsewhere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A load of football writers were critical of Dunk and Webster mistakes for several of the goals, barely a mention of Steele.

The outfield completely imploded from 30 seconds in, 4 or 5 opponents were able to bear down on Steele’s goal, after huge errors.

We didn’t get thrashed due to Steele.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
RdZ trusts Steele, he’ll go for him for that reason alone

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just doing my fantasy football for next week and wondering is Jason will get both games or big bob will make an appearance?

Anyone got any thoughts (or if RDZ is reading and fancies telling me!) :)
It’ll probably be Steele, on the basis that RDZ rates his ball-playing ability over Sanchez’ superior shot-stopping ability.

Wouldn’t recommend him as anyone’s fantasy football pick though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cann’t see Steele being scapegoated even though I’d say the third is down to him and although it was a cracking shot for the fifth I’m not sure he should have been beaten at the near post.

Steele to start the next game

Ps if you want to see calamitous defending watch AC Milan tonight against Inter….currently 2/0 down in the first half but could have been five ……oh and the diving 🤦‍♂️

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
TBF, so was the pile on on Sanchez after the Palace match! Back on topic, I expect Steele to be the no.1 for this season, barring injury - or a couple of shocking matches.
I just hope this doesn't result in us losing Big Bob if he buggers off to be no.1 elsewhere.
I reckon that’s inevitable now. If RDZ had any inclination to keep Sanchez as his number 1 next season then he’d have kept him as starting keeper after the Chelsea and Man U cup games. I know it was only 210 minutes, but the 5-6 games out seemed to have refocussed him.

I just hope thay if that is the case then we have another first-choice keeper lined up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I reckon that’s inevitable now. If RDZ had any inclination to keep Sanchez as his number 1 next season then he’d have kept him as starting keeper after the Chelsea and Man U cup games. I know it was only 210 minutes, but the 5-6 games out seemed to have refocussed him.

I just hope thay if that is the case then we have another first-choice keeper lined up.
Rumours we are after Kelleher the Liverpool number two

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here