Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Steele for the next two or big bob?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The readers of NSC 20 years ago, being shown that, then, from the future, as a teaser of what was to come, would assume we had failed to survive a nuclear holocaust.
H
the football encouraged by RDZ must be giving the vast majority on here kittens
those raised on safety first defending
I’m a little younger than most of the members here
yet even I was raised on the
Do Not pass it across the penalty box
Let alone with opposing players in close proximity
Scary yet Exhilarating at the same time
Long may RDZ reign

ps don’t mention the uhuru poems 🤣

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We won’t be seeing Sanchez again by the sound of it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But that’s how we play. Same as Dunk & Colwill ‘could have’ given the ball away in tight areas but didn’t.

Sanchez just is no where near good enough on the ball to help us play how RDZ wants
Well, no, Dunk and Colwill were perfect, they didn't make a mistake. I was just pointing out two Steele errors that he got away with. If Xhaka had controlled that ball this thread would look very different.

I do like how we play, but never thought Sanchez was that bad at it - obviously not to Steele levels, but still - and in the premier league I like to have a shot-stopping cross-claiming keeper.

I hope there's s combination of the two out there waiting to be signed.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sad to hear about Big Bob. Can come and claim crosses which Steele can't. Reckon his attitude and vainess might be a problem for RDZ though. Ironically, if he played more we'd get more £ for him. We need another keeper to compete with Steele.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But that’s how we play. Same as Dunk & Colwill ‘could have’ given the ball away in tight areas but didn’t.

Sanchez just is no where near good enough on the ball to help us play how RDZ wants
As to your first point, well precisely.
Steele's range of passing, disguise and calmness is the best in the PL. Simply outstanding.
Sanchez dominates the area better and is a better shot stopper, but RDZ thinks that Steele has good bigger balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here