Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staying on and clapping

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
This bugs me too dude. I always stay until the final whistle and later if the team deserves my applause....and I've got a 2 hour drive to get home!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wish I could but the dreaded Bridge St car park and distance I have to travel forces a rapid exit.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dudes, Bruno, who had sweated his bollocks off in Wednesday's game turned around and clapped err... around 1000 fans in 8,000 empty seats.

Come on dudes, no excuses, lets clap after the final whistle. Is that too much to ask?

We can be the difference dudes in the way we support the team this season, c'mon!

You live local and get up at a sensible time I guess ?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Exactly! It reminds me a bit too much of the time I worked on a dude ranch.

dude-ranch.jpg

6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d-pi

The most common sight on a dude ranch.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Dudes, Bruno, who had sweated his bollocks off in Wednesday's game turned around and clapped err... around 1000 fans in 8,000 empty seats.

Come on dudes, no excuses, lets clap after the final whistle. Is that too much to ask?

We can be the difference dudes in the way we support the team this season, c'mon!

I thought Dudes went to American Football games? Or maybe Rodeo?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I stayed but many like my brother have to be away very sharp to catch his connection at Clapham he has 1 train from Brighton that meets it, if he misses that he has great problems getting home.

I presume this excuse only applies to midweek games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can't be arsed to stay and clap.

Anyway, the quicker I am away, the quicker I get to my car at the Virgin club and away before the queue starts as they let the park and ride omnibuses out.

#coolthreadbro

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I had to get back pretty lively AFTER staying 'til the final whistle and enjoying a great performance. I had to run dude dude dude, dude dude run run.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I always clap a good performance, and occasionally a poor one. As DKM says, the queue for the exits hardly moves anyway, so it's not much of a cause for delay. I might be in more of a rush if I had a train or bus to catch but happily I don't.

Might be my imagination but fewer players seem to be clapping the fans this season - doesn't bother me though after the great atmosphere on Wednesday I thought a few more might want to soak up the applause after the whistle.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dude, I wasn't even there, and it didn't affect the result.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I always do every game - win lose or draw. And I tell you what, I always notice waaaay more in the WSU than anywhere else in the ground.
It's been suggested that WSU hosts a higher % of Withdean regulars than any other area at the Amex several times -
And that is something I agree with- Hence the more appreciative types who clap he team off each week - whatever the score....

Likewise in the stand below you, and the same happens there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This bugs me big time. If you're losing embarrassingly I can understand why fans would leave the stadium early.

And I can see why after a boring draw you might want to get away early.

But I was shocked after Wednesday's [wonderful] game how many 'fans' disappeared at or just before the final whistle.

Dudes, we need to congratulate our our players on a big performance, the feedback to them is more important than your place in the bus queue.

How demoralising must it be for the players, having sweated their bollocks off to grind a victory to see you ****ing off down the tunnel to get your place in the queue?

FFS Stay for a minute and congratulate the players! Stay a minute. Be supporters - be great supporters - c'mon!

WIN! STAY! CLAP! SING! WIN!
Precious was shocked did you go home and cry to mummy?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This bugs me big time. If you're losing embarrassingly I can understand why fans would leave the stadium early.

And I can see why after a boring draw you might want to get away early.

But I was shocked after Wednesday's [wonderful] game how many 'fans' disappeared at or just before the final whistle.

Dudes, we need to congratulate our our players on a big performance, the feedback to them is more important than your place in the bus queue.

How demoralising must it be for the players, having sweated their bollocks off to grind a victory to see you ****ing off down the tunnel to get your place in the queue?

FFS Stay for a minute and congratulate the players! Stay a minute. Be supporters - be great supporters - c'mon!

WIN! STAY! CLAP! SING! WIN!

Stop calling us DUDES!!!

Apart from that I agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here