Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statue Outside The Amex

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Leon Knight. In miniture of course

Is the answer I was thinking of, when opening this thread :thumbsup:

If the "unknown" fan was to have a face, I wouldn't be averse to it bearing half a resemblance to Ian Hart.....Lets be fair, he did as much as anyone during the post Goldstone years

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd look to have a morphed Statue of Stuarts. A three-headed beast at least of Tuck, Myall and Storer. It'd be an ivory piece with more legs and arms than the average creature would have to show the tustle within in the war of the Stuarts. And they'd be on horseback.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One more vote for the fan one please. BUT...

In the style of a massive Anish Kapoor mirrored oval on a plinth - representing the fan (seeing yourself and others wander past in reflection), the past (looking back) and the beautiful abstract simplicity of our football.

Like this, but thinner and on a plinth:
View attachment 39923
so you want a mirror basically? :)

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
But City's owner doesn't have a three-generation family connection, and didn't "save" them, so it's not really akin, is it?

One of those generations of Blooms did resign and was on the board when the Goldstone was sold though. People seem to conveniently forget that.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
We were runners up. We have only been Champions under Adams, Taylor and Poyet in recent years.

I know we won Div 3 South (50s) and 4 in the 60s but I'm not too sure who the managers were back then.

Edit. Lane and Macaulay?

Fair enough, but it seemed like we were champions at the time.....what a season!

I were a young lad when Archie was in charge.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Statues of Archer and Bellotti holding onto the back of a park bench with their trousers down. Snappy can stand nearby offering to capture the moment for the thousands stopping to simulate arse rape on the contemptible fucks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fair enough, but it seemed like we were champions at the time.....what a season!

I were a young lad when Archie was in charge.

Pat Sayward was my first manager.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Unfortunately Palace pipped us to the title by winning their final game of the season, which took place after all the other fixtures had been completed.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A statue of a fan with a scarf around his (or her) wrist and a piglet's pie aloft!

Seriously though can only be DK in my book.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Said it before: there should be a statue of ordinary fans celebrating, to recognise that fans kept the club going ('fans' include Tony Bloom and Dick Knight, and supporters of other clubs).

It should be at ground level (or, perhaps, with a few steps up to it), and positioned well, so the stadium is in background.

One fan should be small-ish and with arms raised, so home/away fans can slip on a shirt and scarf.

In other words, perfect for a photo opportunity.

Would be great if fans posted pics on forums and social media every home game.

Still the best idea by a mile. Would be awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here