Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Starmer press conference at 7

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Can't see the point of this unless he's going to throw his weight behind the vaccination programme.

This is an apolitical thing, we should all be pulling in the same direction. Personally i think the devolved Governments have been far worse than Starmer in dragging politics into it.

Don’t think Starmer has been playing politics tbh

Sturgeon and Drakeford on the other hand….

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
what was needed from day 1 was a joint political initiative from the Government AND Opposition parties, rather than all of them using this to point score.

Both main parties took the decision to make this more about politics than public health almost as soon as this whole pandemic started and as a result we are now in this complete shit show

Hopefully Starmer will give more than his usual state the beeding obvious, Captainn Hindsight routine and be a true leader of the opposition and wholeheartedly throw his, and his party's weight behind getting as many people jabbed as soon as possible

I fear though it will just be another statement offering plenty of criticism and precious little constructive help with a begrudging "we support in principal but will be holding the Government to account" line rather than the robust unequivocal "call to arms" that both the Government and Opposition should have (but haven't) been giving for the past 2 years

Not that Labour are all that but I don't think any party can work with these selfish, privileged, morally bankrupt, lying, backstabbing, arrogant. hypocritical government. They are are insult to humanity.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Don’t think Starmer has been playing politics tbh

Sturgeon and Drakeford on the other hand….

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

I happened to be in Abergavenny last year, having a coffee in the centre of town when the cafe put his lockdown announcement on the radio. Anyone would've thought he was Winston Churchill giving a wartime speech. The doom mongering was unreal - yet somehow, it was ok for the Scottish rugby team to fly down to Cardiff and play a game against Wales the following week.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
100% correct, I didn't read it.

No ulterior motive, simply didn't see it.

Now I have, I can't say I agree with you there.

:lolol:

Fancy that! :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This, posted many hours before Starmer has said a word is a big reason of why this country is such a mess.

You mean the stupidity of the diminishing but still too populous rump of die-hard anti-labourists? If so, I agree.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Wes Streeting has just said this, would imagine something like this will find its way into Starmer's press conference:

We realise on these benches the prime minister has tested patience by asking people to follow the rules when ... the prime minister’s actions in recent weeks have undermined trust at a critical moment.

So I say to people feeling let down or lied to ... I do trust the chief medical officer. I do trust the chief scientific adviser and I do trust the NHS.

The prime minister might not lead by example, but the rest of us can. We, the Labour party, trust you, the British people, to do the right thing to protect yourselves, to protect the ones you love and to protect the NHS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It'll be 'I support the PM's plea to get yourself the booster jab, but.............', as he taps in a series of open goals.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It'll be 'I support the PM's plea to get yourself the booster jab, but.............', as he taps in a series of open goals.

Is he available in January? Our lot have trouble with that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well, that was mildly disappointing.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Two completely pointless press conferences.

I think the Starmer one was to show that the Labour Party are the only grown ups in the room. The Tories ripping themselves apart and the other parties playing politics. The Labour Party will vote for the good of the whole UK and the NHS.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Summary - get ya booster jab quick & comply with all restrictions (unlike Boris and his cohorts)! :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Chichester had a major electricity outage at 7 as we all went for a cup of earl grey together.

Can you get it on catch up???

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
6f564861-bba5-4089-a19b-ccd7d0f50dda_text.gif

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think the Starmer one was to show that the Labour Party are the only grown ups in the room. The Tories ripping themselves apart and the other parties playing politics. The Labour Party will vote for the good of the whole UK and the NHS.

Calling members of the other major party 'scum' rather belies your first sentence.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I suppose there will be a lot of people who don't have any interest in politics that will have tuned in by accident whilst trying to watch Emmerdale Farm or The One Show and might have thought Starmer looks a lot more like a prime minister than Johnson does.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You forgot national interest, thank you NHS, national interest, can my family use this opportunity to wish yours a happy christmas, and all done in the national interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here