Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Star Lizard - what exactly do we know?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They also sell tech product to betting companies to look for suspicious betting patterns I believe

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I would guess that Albion's success is down to a very highly skilled, motivated, well rewarded and well managed team from TB/PBOBE downwards that works extremely hard to achieve the success they do. They will use various tools/methods including detailed analytics (as do all Premier league teams) and given that TB already has a successful business in that area make use of that.

Unfortunately good people working hard isn't much of a story. 'The Secret Algorithm' is much more exciting to believe :dunce:
The harder they work the luckier they get

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Lots of over simplification in the media and on social media about what StarLizard do.

A lot of the football industry is/was quite old fashioned and involved scouts going to watch players to give their verdict. With us there is some serious data science going on to help find players now. There’s stats available for so many aspects of a players game and it can be interrogated in loads of ways using software like R and Python which need to be programmed to find what is being looked for. That is where StarLizard will come in.
Anyone here know how lots of the stats are compiled?
. Number of dribbles over 10 metres
. Number of successful passes, forward passes...
. Number of interceptions etc etc etc
Are there teams of students analysing each game?? I guess it's common knowledge, in which case... sorry 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Anyone here know how lots of the stats are compiled?
. Number of dribbles over 10 metres
. Number of successful passes, forward passes...
. Number of interceptions etc etc etc
Are there teams of students analysing each game?? I guess it's common knowledge, in which case... sorry 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Answers are in the book I mentioned. Not students, but people do it. Takes several hours to analyse and document each match..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A friend of mine’s brother worked there (mathematician). Would not say anything about it all other than he he had to work really hard but loved working there and they were really good bosses.
Had an acquaintance that did IT there. Said similar and said the annual bonuses are great. He basically paid off his mortgage (on a gaff in London) in 8 years on the bonuses.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As I understand it, Asian betting syndicates pay absolute FORTUNES to TB for Starlizard to uncover numerous value bets in the markets for them.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You're not "interested". You are just an extremely nosey individual with little or no life of any value.

A question for you..;

How long will it be before you run away snivelling and demanding that all your previous posts are deleted from NSC as you did before as Mustafa 1 and causing Bozza one of the most difficult periods of his tenure in charge of NSC....a forum which so many of us derive such pleasure from ?

I shall refrain from describing you as an utter scumbag this time.

That seems a bit harsh, or have I missed something yet again? Is this related to somebody who may or may not have been born and breakfasted in Hove and for some reason seemed very proud of that in another guise, or is this somebody completely different?

In terms of Star Lizard - we know nothing.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That seems a bit harsh, or have I missed something yet again? Is this related to somebody who may or may not have been born and breakfasted in Hove and for some reason seemed very proud of that in another guise, or is this somebody completely different?

In terms of Star Lizard - we know nothing.
No

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here