Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stand Or Fall Premiere

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Despite some finishing touches still to be made (timecodes and watermarks on some elements) the film was exceptional. It focuses on more recent years and does this very well; there's the odd bit about earlier times but I think rightly focuses on things principally from when the unholy trio were in place.

I must take issue though with the cleanliness of the Duke of Yorks - there were various times during the film when clearly dust or something came through the air conditioning, as I found my eyes (ahem) watering at key points. Due to dust. Obviously.

Should be some coverage on local TV news this evening (from 6:30-ish) as the BBC South East sports reporter James Dunn was filming an interview with Tony Bloom in the upstairs bar. Johnny Cantor was also chatting with Bloom. Barber was also up in that bar but didn't see him being interviewed (other than the onstage chat with Glenn Murray and Matt Lorenzo).

A nice touch was the special BHA scarf on each seat, and the cheese popcorn was incredible. Sounds an odd idea but worked so well!!

All in all a lovely evening, and hopefully the final edits are being done so everyone can see it.

PS Just seen about Dick Knight - awful to hear this and wondered why I didn't see him there. When did he fall? And was it the stairs down to the gents? They seemed a bit iffy...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Despite some finishing touches still to be made (timecodes and watermarks on some elements) the film was exceptional. It focuses on more recent years and does this very well; there's the odd bit about earlier times but I think rightly focuses on things principally from when the unholy trio were in place.

I must take issue though with the cleanliness of the Duke of Yorks - there were various times during the film when clearly dust or something came through the air conditioning, as I found my eyes (ahem) watering at key points. Due to dust. Obviously.

Should be some coverage on local TV news this evening (from 6:30-ish) as the BBC South East sports reporter James Dunn was filming an interview with Tony Bloom in the upstairs bar. Johnny Cantor was also chatting with Bloom. Barber was also up in that bar but didn't see him being interviewed (other than the onstage chat with Glenn Murray and Matt Lorenzo).

A nice touch was the special BHA scarf on each seat, and the cheese popcorn was incredible. Sounds an odd idea but worked so well!!

All in all a lovely evening, and hopefully the final edits are being done so everyone can see it.
How recent does it reach? RDZ era? Also, length? Thank you

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
How recent does it reach? RDZ era? Also, length? Thank you
I'd had a few at Unbarred (including the spectacular Interstellar Pannettone!) before heading in to the DoY so can't be certain on length but I think it must be around 90 minutes...felt like that. It certainly does cover the RDZ era, and includes interview clips with him specifically for the film.

Edit: just looked it up and it IS 90 minutes.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The film is a balanced and not overly self indulgent look at the last 28 years. Would I have liked more on falmer for all, seagulls party, bring home the albion etc? Possibly but that would have meant a film longer than Ben Hur and maybe a TV series like the world at war.

Dick, Tony, Roberto, PBOBE, Martin Perry, Steve Gritt and the fans all come out of it superbly. Belotti, Archer, Stanley all get the slagging off they deserve (and its shocking just how after all this time just seeing and hearing them make my ears fizz, blood boil and cause irrational body tiks).

Poyet, Potter, Hughton, Oscar and Hyppia all get a fair and balanced reflection.

And yes, I too had lots of occasions where I needed to wipe my eyes. Shoreham air show incident being one.

One thing that did surprise me (it shouldnt) but even though I was close to it at the time I had lost sight of just how close the original designs and illustrations and computer generated fly through of the amex, is to what was built and delivered.

I would say it is a love letter to all who fought to get the club from where it was in the 90s to where it is now

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The film is a balanced and not overly self indulgent look at the last 28 years. Would I have liked more on falmer for all, seagulls party, bring home the albion etc? Possibly but that would have meant a film longer than Ben Hur and maybe a TV series like the world at war.

Dick, Tony, Roberto, PBOBE, Martin Perry, Steve Gritt and the fans all come out of it superbly. Belotti, Archer, Stanley all get the slagging off they deserve (and its shocking just how after all this time just seeing and hearing them make my ears fizz, blood boil and cause irrational body tiks).

Poyet, Potter, Hughton, Oscar and Hyppia all get a fair and balanced reflection.

And yes, I too had lots of occasions where I needed to wipe my eyes. Shoreham air show incident being one.

One thing that did surprise me (it shouldnt) but even though I was close to it at the time I had lost sight of just how close the original designs and illustrations and computer generated fly through of the amex, is to what was built and delivered.

I would say it is a love letter to all who fought to get the club from where it was in the 90s to where it is now
Well if that doesn't make you want see this film nothing will. Thanks for that review

Jul 7, 2003
Left Dick in A and E around 11.15 in good spirits, waiting for an update

And before the flaming starts I didn’t abandon him his daughter came and relieved me 👍
At Dick's age, I would be a bit worried that a Funeral Director is the one hanging around with me at a hospital:lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd had a few at Unbarred (including the spectacular Interstellar Pannettone!) before heading in to the DoY so can't be certain on length but I think it must be around 90 minutes...felt like that. It certainly does cover the RDZ era, and includes interview clips with him specifically for the film.

Edit: just looked it up and it IS 90 minutes.
Will it always be 90 minutes, or will there be various amounts of added time at the end depending on when you watch it? Is there a 15 minute break in the middle?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
A great evening as they themed the Duke of Yorks Albion. As others said nice touch with the scarves. Thought Matt Lorenzo has done us proud with a very moving and emotional film. Everybody from the club seemed delighted by it as did all us supporters. Encapsulates how unique and together BHA is and how lucky we all are to support such a club that we can be proud to be part of. Can't wait to see it again.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Very nicely made, and clearly an issue for the makers that new history is constantly being written in capital letters by the Albion, making it hard / impossible to conclude. Not exactly fly on the wall, or indeed revelatory in any great sense (Glenn Murray explains his old celebration which was new for me). A good regurgitation of the Archer Belotti nonsense and the fight for the stadium.
The modern day sections are a reflection of what everyone now says about the club - “brilliantly run” - even if they say so themselves.
Great one-off branding by the Duke of Yorks - and some classy touches with the freebies.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

PS Just seen about Dick Knight - awful to hear this and wondered why I didn't see him there. When did he fall? And was it the stairs down to the gents? They seemed a bit iffy...
It must’ve been afterwards as I saw him beforehand talking to HRH Liz Costa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here