Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stand Or Fall Premiere

May 26, 2004
Hassocks
Hi, we have won tickets to the premiere of Stand or Fall at the Duke of York's on Thursday. There is no indication of the time it starts. Does anyone know please?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We've had the email from the Amex Promotional Team - replied to it, twice (as another email arrived) before the 3pm deadline yesterday.
Heard nothing so far ... :unsure:

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
Hi, we have won tickets to the premiere of Stand or Fall at the Duke of York's on Thursday. There is no indication of the time it starts. Does anyone know please?
Well the plot thickens on this one. Like you, I had the email saying I had provisionally won tickets to the premiere. Replied with details as requested. Email arrived later the same day (Friday). Replied with details as before. Have heard nothing.
So just now I tried ringing American Express in Brighton, hoping to talk to the 'Amex Promotional Team'. After jumping the hoops on the automated answering service I eventually got a human on the end of the phone. Explained it all. He went away to check - and drew a blank. Could find out nothing about the competition/promotion, and there seemed to be no-one there who knew anything about it ...
Shambles :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well the plot thickens on this one. Like you, I had the email saying I had provisionally won tickets to the premiere. Replied with details as requested. Email arrived later the same day (Friday). Replied with details as before. Have heard nothing.
So just now I tried ringing American Express in Brighton, hoping to talk to the 'Amex Promotional Team'. After jumping the hoops on the automated answering service I eventually got a human on the end of the phone. Explained it all. He went away to check - and drew a blank. Could find out nothing about the competition/promotion, and there seemed to be no-one there who knew anything about it ...
Shambles :rolleyes:
That's classic Albion shambles right there :lolol:

Probably best give the DoY a call and just turn up clutching your email

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
That's classic Albion shambles right there :lolol:

Probably best give the DoY a call and just turn up clutching your email
Just did. All they know is that it's a private screening, but the person I spoke to didn't even know what time it was happening. They suggested I should hear in the next day or so, and if not to give them another call tomorrow. Classic.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This promotion hasn't been great has it. I still haven't heard anything (it's supposed to be tomorrow) .
No confirmation, what time it starts or in fact any communication about the event since i was emailed to tell me i'd "provisionally" won tickets.

I'm doing something else now. I'll wait until it pops up on streaming etc instead.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For what it's worth, What's On At The Duke of York's shows Thursday blanked out. So there would appear to be something on that is not available for booking by the general public...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For what it's worth, What's On At The Duke of York's shows Thursday blanked out. So there would appear to be something on that is not available for booking by the general public...
The "American Express Promotional Team" is all you can really glean from the emails. There's no contact information

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The "American Express Promotional Team" is all you can really glean from the emails. There's no contact information
That's a bit annoying. How do they know who can no longer turn up? How is one supposed to try and blag a last-minute seat-fill? Would be a rotten shame if it turned out to be half-empty when there's many that would dearly love to go. American Express Promotional Team OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here