Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Name

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
So you think we should turn away companies that offer big money for their name on the stadium signs?

I think Tony Bloom has the right to recoup some of the VAST outlay he has personally stumped up to get this thing built. Yes the campaigning by the fans was essential, but at the end of it all, without TB's cash, it'd just be a hole in the ground. He's got every right to sell the rights.

It could be like Leyton for example, with out sponsorship it is Brisbane Road (i know its cos its on Brisbane road) with the sponsorship matchroom stadium or something like that. So basically we can give it a name, and if some rich company comes and ploughs money in as a sponsor it will be known as that officially but will always be known affectionally as the name we gave it (or voted for)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It could be like Leyton for example, with out sponsorship it is Brisbane Road (i know its cos its on Brisbane road) with the sponsorship matchroom stadium or something like that. So basically we can give it a name, and if some rich company comes and ploughs money in as a sponsor it will be known as that officially but will always be known affectionally as the name we gave it (or voted for)

Brisbane Road has got a history, and up until recently was ALWAYS known as Brisbane Road, and probably still is amongst their fans. Our new stadium will have no history whatsoever. I get the feeling whatever the first corporate name the new stadium gets give, is what the fans will know it as from there on, even if they change it in a few years.

Arsenals will probably always be known as The Emirates amongst their fans, even if the sponsorship changes in 15 years time when the deal expires.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Brisbane Road has got a history, and up until recently was ALWAYS known as Brisbane Road, and probably still is amongst their fans. Our new stadium will have no history whatsoever. I get the feeling whatever the first corporate name the new stadium gets give, is what the fans will know it as from there on, even if they change it in a few years.

Arsenals will probably always be known as The Emirates amongst their fans, even if the sponsorship changes in 15 years time when the deal expires.

Good point, so i guess we've got to hope for the right company name in that case

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It will have a commercial name but I'm sure some wit on Nsc will come up with a nickname - Ernest or Easy 10, and it will forver be known by that name.

Matthew Le God

Nov 15, 2009
Falmer sounds a good name and most obvious choice barring a sponsorship deal to me. We never called St. Mary's its official name for its first few years of The Friends Provident St. Mary's Stadium. At one point it was going to be just The Friends Provident Stadium until fans kicked up a fuss to get the St. Mary's added and the sponsor was ignored.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Should be called the 'Up yours you NIMBY bastards' Stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here