Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Name

Nordic Gull

Feb 25, 2009
Hampshire
Just read that the official name of Falmer is going to be "The Community Stadium":

http://northstandchat.com/showthread.php?t=161937

I didn't realise this had been decided for certain. Is anyone else a bit disappointed?

It' so generic and dull. Doesn't have any sense of identity for the club or the town. Plus Colchester's ground is already called that.

I know it's a stadium for the community etc, and that's a good thing. But surely we could be more inventive?!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I agree it's a bit crap. They'll just put the sponsors name in front of it and call it 'The Legal and General Community Stadium' or something.

I think it will always be Falmer to us though.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I was disappointed to hear it too. Im sure with enough lobbying we can make the club at least consider something else. After all, whatever its called they can still stick a sponsors name in front of it

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If it does stay as The Community Stadium, im guessing the fans will still have their own name for it. Probably just carry on calling it Falmer.

I guess its better than calling it The Hovis bread Stadium!

Neve have liked the idea of sponsored stadiums.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
It's like Colchester is the 'Western Homes' Community Stadium, It wouldn't be called the new Goldstone as that idea was turned down at the roadshow in Hove Town Hall.

It'll be 'Company Name' Community Stadium.

D

Deleted User X18H

I agree it's a bit crap. They'll just put the sponsors name in front of it and call it 'The Legal and General Community Stadium' or something.

I think it will always be Falmer to us though.

I doubt it L&G are skint with a capital S. They struggle to afford pens and pencils for thier staff at the mo.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I doubt it L&G are skint with a capital S. They struggle to afford pens and pencils for thier staff at the mo.

It was only an example. How about 'The Kwik-fit Community Stadium'?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Have people been living under a rock for the last 3 months? This is old news! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here