Attachments

• South_Downs.jpg
    South_Downs.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 196

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think it's a very good name.

We should be proud of the clubs community work and naming the stadium after it is perfect.

Obviously not cool enough for the text messaging generation, perhaps they'd like it called the Facebook Stadium or something like that.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The Goldstone (and all its derivatives, such as Goldstone Valley) refers to a suburb of Hove. They can keep that name. It belongs to Albion history, not the Albion's future.

Is correct! New Goldstone (no offence) is a shit name. Falmer isn't a New Goldstone. Its not IN Goldstone, its not near a Goldstone, Falmer Community Stadium should be called Falmer Community Statium and then it can be affectionatly known as Falmer and retains the Community Stadium thing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Coca-Cola Community Stadium, after all we did have the Coca-Cola Kid, tho I would prefer the 'New Goldstone" or just Falmer Stadium

I was told at the very outset of finding a stadium that Coca Cola wanted to name a stadium in the South. So it could well be on the cards for it to be Coca Cola Community Stadium.

Thatsz mot to say it will definitely be named that.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have it on good authority that a famous Japanese brewery is showing serious interest in sponsoring the stadium name:

col-63-beer-label-kirin.jpg

Kirin The Community Stadium it is then...

:down:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whitehawk is a community, Fishersgate is a community but they have achieved nothing. We as a club have won awards for our work in the community but the name Community Stadium does not reflect these achievments in any way.

Either think of a way to incorporate these achievments in the name or scrap the name altogether is my view.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Yet another example of football losing it's identity, i know money talks.But how many more great grounds are we going to loose?, Goldstone , Highbury , Dean Court , St. James's and many many more.

Does naming a stadium really add value to your already huge brand ?

That is all......I would just rather have one name and stick with it for the next 200 years rather that changing it every 2 seasons...AKA donacaster.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just like the Boleyn ground is known to the world+dog as Upton Park, we will always call it Falmer, unless as someone said there is a decent name to replace it. The Bloomfield maybe? "community stadium" is :wanker: and soul less. Even "Reebok", "JJB" etc are at least snappy enough to work.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Please can it not be knows as the _________ Stadium. It's so depressing seeing all the beautiful old ground names changing to bland sponsored names. I've said before, but why don't fans have a little imagination and at least call their stadium by the name of the road it's on (if it works!). I'd be happy with calling it Falmer

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Whitehawk is a community, Fishersgate is a community but they have achieved nothing. We as a club have won awards for our work in the community but the name Community Stadium does not reflect these achievments in any way.

Either think of a way to incorporate these achievments in the name or scrap the name altogether is my view.

So your suggesting we should call it comething like "The Good Community Stadium"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here