Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium expansion. Have we goofed up?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Not necessarily.

M'boro, Stockton, Billingham, Redcar, Hartlepool and Darlington (exaggerating that no one supports the other local clubs), is a far far lower catchment population, than that of Sussex.

In addition, it is the poorest part of England.

The main reason they got that stadium and PL football, was the immensely generous Steve Gibson.

If and when the Albion get to the PL, and end up not being a yoyo club, there is potential for the fan base to grow with sensible ticket pricing.

All a few years away. Lancing to be achieved first, and perhaps if we get the PL, TB deserves some repaying of his loans?

2007-2008 average attendance at boro 27,729 (EPL)
2008-2009 average attendance at boro 28,428 (EPL)
2009-2010 average attendance at boro 19,645 (Champ)
2010-2011 average attendance at boro 17,557 (Champ)

culminating with relegation and enconomic hardship they have lost 10K - the boro fans i spoke to in the pub said Gibson was injecting a million quid a month to keep it going - not sure how long that can last - thought it was all very sad - i guess all clubs are one relegation away from potential disaster. If we get to the EPL then i agree we would sell out most games - but one bad season in the champ and we were in L1 - i could easlily see 10-13k max in the amex. Agreed if we get to EPL then Tony should be repaid some of his debt if he wants it or needs it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here