Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] St. George's Day at Wembley

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here we go, Empire Day , May 24 1906. Time for another bank holiday in May to be brought back:

View attachment 159934
Three Mondays in May are already Bank Holidays.
Let's have Trafalgar Day in October instead. A nice gap between August and Christmas

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I used to hate those cub parades! Weeks spent practicing marching around Patcham old village in the evenings, and then marching through town on the big day.
Complete waste of time imo - no-one ever gave a shit about it, but had to do it.
All we cared about at cubs was going on camp to Park Wood, and the football season (and beating arch rivals the 30th)

FP - 44th alum....Triple Champs '85/'86. Best football Cub Pack in town :p
I was in the 44th 😉

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I’m fully expecting PotG to start an RIP thread for Shaky, who apparently died on his birthday.
Not necessarily. He died on April 23rd, but his birthdate wasn't recorded - only his christening date, 26th April, which is extrapolated backwards by a traditional 3 days to get an estimated d.o.b.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And William Shakespeare.
I'd love it if Shakespeare Day was a thing. Some kind of literary national gathering. We all read books and have a cup of tea. Perfect Englishness. Let's do it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Celebrating your national saint's day? How provincial. Leave that to the Irish, Welsh and Scots.*

I'll be more focused on beating Man Utd on Sunday rather than anything else.

I'm as proud to be English as a Frenchman might be to be French, but I'm no nationalist. I think when you start going all nationalist and making out that you live in the greatest country on earth, then you're talking bollocks. It's the same as when Yorkshire folk bang on about Yorkshire being God's county and all that hyperbole. I've lived in Barnsley and if that's where God lives then he/she needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

*PS the bit about celebrating was a joke. I love a few warm pints of ale and some Morris dancers on the 23rd. Cracking party.

And what the hell is 'woke' anyway? If woke is about being a bit self aware and not acting like a jerk then I'm f*cking woke mate!

So reminds me..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What an absolutely wanky thread.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sussex day this year falls on a Friday and Sussex are at home to Hampshire in the T20.

I'll have some of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here