Jul 5, 2003
at home
PPF will be ******* himself silly at this thread! Thanks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was surrounded last evening….

The worst thing was that there were young families who really didn’t need to witness

- a 20 year old plus fan punching an older fan with glasses, due to the 20 something not being in the correct seat and being asked to move. The older guy was right though, he did hit like a girl…..

- another 20 something fan, accusing fans of being plastic, because they wouldn’t join in singing…. This started an argument.

It does feel that some of our fans are incapable of stringing a sentence together without using a f****** expletive, again not great for young children to hear…..

Was just disappointed, nobody needs to be an angel, and when Maupay missed and then over hit a pass, my language wasn’t the best (though under my breath). It just about being considerate to others and being aware of those around you.

That's a shame I wish I could say I was surprised.

I didn't give much thought to where we sat, up at Burnley and really regretted it.
Despite Jnr being a 17 year old lanky streak ..., I've always tried to shield him from the morons.
(He really gets off on watching that nonsense - to the point of worrying me)

I didn't think Burnley would be that bad - then I saw the queue for the toilet cubicle and correctly feared the worst.

I was smarter booking Villa and Southampton, nearer the front, off centre, surrounded by Albion and all was good.
Done much the same for Old Trafford but I'll be amazed if the incontinent morons, with runny noses, make up there. Not after the far more attractive Watford match.

theboybilly

Same, was a shambles. Basically got directed a full lap of the stadium as stewards had no idea.

There seemingly is a problem there as I (with my walking stick) asked several Stewards the shortest route both going in and coming out. I was directed to lifts both times but they couldn't quite get it right. On exiting the stadium I said I might need a map - they all laughed and said 'so do we'!'
They were friendly enough though

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
No idea, but seemingly the morons do love a London game.

The guy in front of us with his 6 year old son made me despair- this role model of a Dad had educated his lad very well in a variety of hand singles and full repertoire of swear words directed at Spurs fans. How can we bring kids up like that? I find it really sad to see young kids behave in that way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
PPF will be ******* himself silly at this thread! Thanks

I imagine he already has over the tons of videos available online from the Spurs v Chelsea game of the same issue in the same spot.

This is a thread about poor segregation and poor stewarding, including deliberately sending fans the wrong way round the ground. If others have embellished it it probably just proves how piss poor their organisation is, considering how often their fans and management toss off about the ground.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's a shame I wish I could say I was surprised.

I didn't give much thought to where we sat, up at Burnley and really regretted it.
Despite Jnr being a 17 year old lanky streak ..., I've always tried to shield him from the morons.
(He really gets off on watching that nonsense - to the point of worrying me)

I didn't think Burnley would be that bad - then I saw the queue for the toilet cubicle and correctly feared the worst.

I was smarter booking Villa and Southampton, nearer the front, off centre, surrounded by Albion and all was good.
Done much the same for Old Trafford but I'll be amazed if the incontinent morons, with runny noses, make up there. Not after the far more attractive Watford match.
At your lads age I was going to aways with my mates sometimes we got into a bit of bother all part of growing up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At your lads age I was going to aways with my mates sometimes we got into a bit of bother all part of growing up.

As was I.

Family circumstances and Covid rather robbed me of our 'father/son random awaydays' adventures
So I'm rather shamelessly muscling in now, before it's too late, despite it already being too late!

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As was I.

Family circumstances and Covid rather robbed me of our 'father/son' random awaydays adventures
So I'm rather shamelessly muscling in now, before it's too late, despite it already being too late!
Don’t worry my boys are now well into there 20’s and like me going with them. I never had the experience of going with the old man probably because I’ve never met the dickhead :D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I was thinking about this last night.

My boy's 15 and was giving the Spurs lot a bit back last night. At his age I wasn't going with a parent though, I was going with mates from school. On the coach mostly but train if we could afford it, no parental guidance, 10 B&H each and whatever we could persuade the older looking lads to get from the offie. I was 16 at Brentford when Brighton smashed up two of the four pubs and had about 40 arrested. I certainly didn't have an adult who'd been there before to look after and guide me.

I can't reconcile my "old dad" instinct to keep him safe against my knowledge that I was doing exactly what I wanted at that age.

Jan 30, 2008
Never encountered all this shit when we played Spurs in the FA Cup at the old WHL ......sat in the shelf , seems like there's some easly offended types on this thread . The Modern day football experience is bollocks isn't it

Regards
DF

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

My boy's 15 and was giving the Spurs lot a bit back last night. At his age I wasn't going with a parent though, I was going with mates from school. On the coach mostly but train if we could afford it, no parental guidance, 10 B&H each and whatever we could persuade the older looking lads to get from the offie. I was 16 at Brentford when Brighton smashed up two of the four pubs and had about 40 arrested. I certainly didn't have an adult who'd been there before to look after and guide me.

I can't reconcile my "old dad" instinct to keep him safe against my knowledge that I was doing exactly what I wanted at that age.
Back then the older lads looked after the youngsters if it kicked off, I remember one particular fella with long blond hair who always had our back on away days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back then the older lads looked after the youngsters if it kicked off, I remember one particular fella with long blond hair who always had our back on away days.

Was he wearing a shell suit and smoking a cigar?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Never encountered all this shit when we played Spurs in the FA Cup at the old WHL ......sat in the shelf , seems like there's some easly offended types on this thread . The Modern day football experience is bollocks isn't it

Regards
DF

Which issue?

I was talking about Stewards lobbing people out for no reason in the OP. Are you in favour of more stringent stewarding?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

My daughter is 15 and the other day I realised I'd been arrested twice by that age! Maybe it's because we were doing whatever we wanted back then that makes us not let our kids do that now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My daughter is 15 and the other day I realised I'd been arrested twice by that age! Maybe it's because we were doing whatever we wanted back then that makes us not let our kids do that now.
We think it’s a different world now it’s not really, a kid stabbed another kid in my Junior school in 1975.

Jan 30, 2008
Which issue?

I was talking about Stewards lobbing people out for no reason in the OP. Are you in favour of more stringent stewarding?

Nope , I've met some reasonable one's over the years and some jumped up ego's in a hi viz jacket as well

All in all most just want a easy bit of money imho

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports