Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs Stewards

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My daughter is 15 and the other day I realised I'd been arrested twice by that age! Maybe it's because we were doing whatever we wanted back then that makes us not let our kids do that now.

Yep and it didn't get much better as I went on through teens and early twenties. Can you parent while looking through your fingers? :lol:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Did not go on Saturday as could not get a ticket, but went a couple of years ago and was not impressed. Stewards did not have a clue on where to go, we were instructed to go right round the ground to
Find out we were originally in the right place. Concourse was too small for the amount of fans, beer thingy did not work probably, waited ages for service, food was very poor as well. Seats were nowhere as big or comfy as the Amex. Sounds like it has not improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm guessing that's because entrance 10 is usually for home fans, but used for away fans last night due to increased allocation.

A pain though, for sure.

I think you are right, but they could have made it clearer. Still, absolutely killed my Fitbit step count for the day, so silver linings and all that...

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did not go on Saturday as could not get a ticket, but went a couple of years ago and was not impressed. Stewards did not have a clue on where to go, we were instructed to go right round the ground to
Find out we were originally in the right place. Concourse was too small for the amount of fans, beer thingy did not work probably, waited ages for service, food was very poor as well. Seats were nowhere as big or comfy as the Amex. Sounds like it has not improved.

Same pies as the Amex !
I’ve always found the concourse on the lower tier excellent, but was in the middle tier on Saturday and it’s tiny, and the food counter is completely inadequate. Very long queues and they’d run out of everything long before ko.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
the food counter is completely inadequate. Very long queues and they’d run out of everything long before ko.

They ran out of hot food before KO, promised some at HT, then ran out before HT too. Pretty awkward as I was supposed to be feeding several kids.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

I was at the Boxing Day game in 2019 and thought the stewards were amongst the most obnoxious I'd come across. Was their again Saturday night and the ones I came across on this occasion were actually helpful. We were there early (travelled on ST coach) and had a 30 minute wait before the stadium opened. My gate was 11 but initially I was stood at the bottom of the steps for gate 10 (signage not great). I think others were doing the same which the stewards realised and so they made an announcement and pointed people in the right direction.

The food also seemed to have improved. I had the mince and onion pie which was blooming delicious - certainly rivalling the lovely Piglets Pantry pies. I did hear from some that they sold out at some point - so I was at least lucky to get in early.

IMG_2226.jpeg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Same pies as the Amex !
I’ve always found the concourse on the lower tier excellent, but was in the middle tier on Saturday and it’s tiny, and the food counter is completely inadequate. Very long queues and they’d run out of everything long before ko.

Yes it was pretty rubbish compared to downstairs. I think that middle tier is normally populated by Spurs fans, with access to assorted hospitality facilities - which were behind all those closed/stewarded doors. Not ideal for away fans but hey ho.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's absolutely no chance in hell they serve the same pies as the Amex - not in the upper tiers anyway... The service was horrible, as was their pie in a tin...

Sausage roll was Piglets……if you were lucky/early enough to get served before they ran out

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Same pies as the Amex !

I did not have a pie, had some awful
Burger.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I was surrounded last evening….

The worst thing was that there were young families who really didn’t need to witness

- a 20 year old plus fan punching an older fan with glasses, due to the 20 something not being in the correct seat and being asked to move. The older guy was right though, he did hit like a girl…..

- another 20 something fan, accusing fans of being plastic, because they wouldn’t join in singing…. This started an argument.

It does feel that some of our fans are incapable of stringing a sentence together without using a f****** expletive, again not great for young children to hear…..

Were you in 115 as well? That plastic fan argument was one of the most pointless spats I've witnessed in a long time. The other guys that the young 'un was having a go at didn't do themselves any favours in their response either.

There were some epic bell ends out on Saturday, I must have seen 6-7 Brighton and Spurs fans getting chucked out over the evening. Seemed like the dick head count was way higher than a usual away day.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agree - thought some of our fans were complete morons last night though.

Two points I thought showed a lack of class on our part:

Singing "Tottenham get battered everywhere they go" before kick off and then slating the Spurs fans behind by shouting "You've won nothing", when we're hardly struggling to close the doors on our vast array of pots in our trophy cabinet.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Were you in 115 as well? That plastic fan argument was one of the most pointless spats I've witnessed in a long time. The other guys that the young 'un was having a go at didn't do themselves any favours in their response either.

There were some epic bell ends out on Saturday, I must have seen 6-7 Brighton and Spurs fans getting chucked out over the evening. Seemed like the dick head count was way higher than a usual away day.

London games are a particular honeypot for them, always have been

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, and I agree to an extent, but felt the younger fan should have just backed down. The other chaps arguably overreacted but at least apologised to the people around me at half-time.

But you’re bang on, there were a lot of pillocks in 115.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Two points I thought showed a lack of class on our part:

Singing "Tottenham get battered everywhere they go" before kick off and then slating the Spurs fans behind by shouting "You've won nothing", when we're hardly struggling to close the doors on our vast array of pots in our trophy cabinet.

Yes…… fans don’t know their history apparently.

Pretty sure Division 1 league title and FACup trumps Charity Shield and League 1…..

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Yes…… fans don’t know their history apparently.

Pretty sure Division 1 league title and FACup trumps Charity Shield and League 1…..

How about being the first team ever to do the double - Lwague and FA Cup - 1961, I think,

(PS - just checked - should have added "in the modern era. Preston North End and Aston Villa both did it in the 1890s.....)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It does feel that some of our fans are incapable of stringing a sentence together without using a f****** expletive, again not great for young children to hear…..

Seeing this quoted has just reminded me of when I did my Coaching Level 1 badge and we had a talk on safeguarding and a discussion on appropriate behaviour between player and coach.

The instructor asked us if it was ever acceptable for our young players to swear or for coaches to resort to that language.

Anyone who coached younger players (including me, at the time I was running an under 9s) said it wasn't. But a bloke who was coaching under 15s said his players swore on the pitch all the time, and to each other, and that sometimes mild swear words in team talks were the only way to get through to them.

The FA instructor said this was completely correct. That language among and between those from around 14 to 18 in youth football is totally different to bright eyed 8 year olds. But the bright eyed 8 year olds will end up with a cohort who call the ref or opposition c***s just six years later.

Males swear. I swear at football but only when highly provoked or for comic effect. The 14-25 age group, with alcohol or anger or feeling aggressive in a group will swear profusely and unintelligently, and it will always be so, and always has been.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Back then the older lads looked after the youngsters if it kicked off, I remember one particular fella with long blond hair who always had our back on away days.

If he stood in the North and was in the mid 80's and 90's i know the fella you are on about ( i think )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here