Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs forum ahead of Saturday

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
A question:

If we keep up this level of progress is that Spurs forum a taste of what NSC could be like in a few years' time? Will we ever get that entitled?
If our support moves from low expectations to high expectations then yes inevitably, but given are trajectory over the last decade or so it will prob take a lot longer imo.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Amusing thread on their forum, I'm worried about Saturday though. The games are coming thick and fast at the moment, and I didn't feel we were at our best last night. Fingers crossed the result will energise the team and they will perform as well as we all know they can come Saturday!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I liked the one who said "The sad fact is, we only have two decent players: Kane and Romero".

I mean, he couldn't be more wrong.

Romero is shit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amusing thread on their forum, I'm worried about Saturday though. The games are coming thick and fast at the moment, and I didn't feel we were at our best last night. Fingers crossed the result will energise the team and they will perform as well as we all know they can come Saturday!
They've won 10 at home, lost 4. It's a decent record. They've won their last 4 home games too which included Man City. It's a huge game.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
“Score doesn’t matter as it’s just Spurs tryouts for DeZerbi and Mitoma + maybe Evan Ferguson”

WOW! What is it they ‘really’ expect?! They’re not title challengers, they nev have been as long as I can remember…They’re 4th with the opportunity to go 3rd FFS!! They’re deluded! 🙄
Hopefully, it'll be like the tryouts for Potter and Trossard last season.

Two attempts both miserably rejected and three points for the Albion.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We're the better coached side.

We have players better than them in most positions. The exceptions to that are striker and goalie, which I suppose are quite important. But in terms of starting XI, 6 or ours are the better players, 3 are about level and 2, they have the better player.

We're coming in on a run of excellent form

Our away record is terrific.

Our supporters will make themselves heard much more than theirs.

This is Brighton's biggest game for a long time. If we play well, we will win.
Oh God, don’t tell @Kalimantan Gull
;)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A question:

If we keep up this level of progress is that Spurs forum a taste of what NSC could be like in a few years' time? Will we ever get that entitled?
I think you can rest easy here.

Historically and in spite of their current barren trophy cabinet, Spurs have a rich history of success.

The double in 1961, Cup wins seemingly whenever the year ended in a '1' and European trophies in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It is about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

Danny Blanchflower's quote perfectly illustrates the attitude. Style, flair, glory. To dare is to do.

Unfortunately, with the exception of that run to the Champions League Final, there hasn't been much daring or doing recently.

They stunk out the European Conference league last season by failing to get through the group stage.

They blew winnable FA Cup R5 games in the last 2 seasons against Middlesborough and Sheffield United with multiple team changes.

Arsenal's resurgence merely compounds the issue.

Any Spurs fan with a memory remembers where and more significantly what they were, just like Albion fans remember our past.

To this outsider, Spurs haven't been Spurs since the flair 80s side of Hoddle, Ardiles and Villa.

No daring. No doing. No glory.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Important to remember that we lost to Spurs earlier this season, albeit in the very early days of De Zerbi. I remember it as one of those games where I came away thinking that every single team that loses to them is going to be really annoyed about it, as they were such an uninspiring (yet effective) side.

That's proven to be a pretty accurate reflection of their whole season. Such a boring team to watch, but relatively strong at the back, with some top class strikers up front, and a dull but just about adequate midfield. It's a footballing travesty that they're fourth in the table after stinking the PL out all season, but that's because they tend to win, even though they're like watching paint dry. They've won their last four home games, so their fans' pessimism isn't quite justified, no matter how poor their last few performances have been.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Will Kane be fit after the major facial reconstructive surgery he needed after the haymaker punch he got on Monday
I had to look it up the other day, but I think maxillofacial is the word! In honour of obviously the greatest forward ever to pull on an England shirt (?) maybe it should be renamed Harrixofacial

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And after our win on Saturday, Spurs fans can look at the league table and see us sill behind them albeit only one point and with two games in hand. No doubt this will improve their outlook

theboybilly

We're the better coached side.

We have players better than them in most positions. The exceptions to that are striker and goalie, which I suppose are quite important. But in terms of starting XI, 6 or ours are the better players, 3 are about level and 2, they have the better player.

We're coming in on a run of excellent form

Our away record is terrific.

Our supporters will make themselves heard much more than theirs.

This is Brighton's biggest game for a long time. If we play well, we will win.
I would argue that Steele is a better 'keeper than Lloris

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we're conceding as many chances as we currently do, you'd expect HK to stick at least one away, the form he's displaying. They are there for the taking, but I can see it being one of those frustrating days tbh.
That is a worry, Bournemouth with more composure could have changed the game last night. Kane will not be passing up opportunities like Bournemouth had. We do look fragile at the back when run at.

I gave Steele our MOTM and Bournemouth missed some sitters

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The reality is, if we squander possession and let them in like we did last night, and against Brentford to an extent, then we will concede. Kane is clinical, and they're a big side to expose our set piece vulnerabilities.

Their forum makes for pessimistic reading. We need to be far tidier than recent performances but I do expect us to score a couple with some scintillating attacking moves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here