Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs DO SIGN Bobby!!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, Sky Sports have changed their reporting on the fee. Earlier they were saying £1.5 million, now they're saying £1.5 to £2 million. Keep revising the figure upward chaps!!!

:lolol:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I`d rather he`d gone to a club where he would have made more of a difference, I suspect he`ll find himself on the subs bench a fair bit. He is though a hoddle type player in that he has some great control and a touch of class about him. He has been one of the all time great players, who brought us some magic and what would the last few years had been like without him? Thanks to Micky Adams and Dick we poached him for a pittance and whatever price we get we can`t really grumble. I`ll be surprised if Coppell is given all the residue from the deal to spend on players because we must be skint in more ways than one. I`ll never forget the goals and the touches, the Brooker/Zamora show at full steam was something to behold. All the best to both of them.

jezzer

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Spurs fans seem very excited to have him, they can already see where he will play and he will NOT be on the bench. Imagine how much space he's gonna create for Robbie Keane and this Postiga fella they've got, crazy..

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I can't see Hoddle playing three up fornt so someone is gonna be disappointed, my thoughts is that it will be Bobby until he can prove his worth, He'll play 15 to 20 games this seaosn I reckon.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gary Stevens was sold for a giveaway price as well.

:eek: :sick:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Gutted. Even though it was inevitable......totally and utterly pissed off, just received my Season Ticket, 2 hours after hearing about Bobby. Dean Blackwell out for most of the season, more shit news, confused emotions and much as I want Falmer, we just cannot afford some sort of horrible downward spiral cos we won't need Falmer in the 3rd Div. Come on Stevie and you Dick, spend this money on a footballer NOT an overpaid lawyer.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BZ would have to improve a LOT before getting anywhere near the full England squad.

Players like Dafoe, not in the squad himself, are much more experienced and way ahead of him in the pecking order.

PS £1.5m is TWICE as much as Ipswich got for Irish international Matt Holland - and they'd been offered £4m just last August.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
still can't believe he's gone. It was only Wednesday he was sitting near me in the tin shed at Arundel :nono:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I just knew when the fish tank burst (and flooded out the neighbours, incidentally) my pet fish called Zamaro flapped around and died, that it was an omen.

Aargh! I am beginning to think like Hoddle, I must be going mad:smokin: :shootself :mad:

We all knew it was coming, but now the day is here it doesn't seem to have sunk in. If the fee had been higher we could have shrugged it off, but a poxy 1.5 million ! After different people have had their snouts in the trough, how much will SC be left with?

Worst of all was watching that smug twat Hoddle gloating about how he'd picked up BZ on the cheap! I REALLY hope this sniveling little shit loses his job soon. From a lad I've always hated Spurs and their supporters. I've even more reason to hate them now!

What odds BZ stepping out in the stripes in around three years at Falmer after being given a free by Spurs???? Oh well, we can dream eh?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I turned down a three figure transfer fee for the fish as well !:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here