Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs DO SIGN Bobby!!!

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Sounds like a good enough reason to me spurgull.

We knew it was inevertable, but it still hurts when it happens.
And as Hoddle was in the stands every other week at Withdean not really a surprise. I'd rather Curbs had got him, as I fear, along with a lot of others on here that Hoddle is loosing it somewhat.

Thanks for the memories Zammo, and good luck son.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Is it actually signed, sealed and delivered yet? I'm not sure if Zammo would want to languish in Spurts reserves for the next 2 seasons.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Seagull USA - where did you get that Avatar from - I love it.

Want to aid it to the Seagull print collection I have in my apartment.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Good luck Bobby, hope this leads to a gilttering international career. I'm worried that it may not be the dream move that it appears though. Hoddle is living on borrowed time at Spurs, if he goeswho knows what another manager would do. Hope he doesn't spend the rest of his career on the bench or in the reserves.

DK, give Coppell the cash!

gezza

Jul 8, 2003
New Forest
Thanks for everything Bobby. You are a true legend..

Who the eck are we going to get. Once the deal is confirmed around lunchtime. Coppell has to start bidding for Beckett..
THANKS BOBBY FOR EVERYTHING. YOU ARE A TRUE BHAFC LEGEND

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've got no particular feelings against Spurs (my dad supported them when I was a kid) - but that Hoddle, he's just a twat !

Thanks and good luck Bobby, next step a full England shirt...... :wave:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I couldn't give a monkeys about Spurs to be honest, I don't have any reason to hate them!!!

What worries me is that a lot of the reports this morning are saying he's signed for £1.5 million. Is this a joke? I know Spurs had previously wanted to do 50% down 50% in 12 months, is this £1.5 m just the first payment?

Hope the signing on session is shown on Sky - it'll give me something to do this afternoon.

:glare:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
On Sky Sports this morning, Bobbys agent said that the deal is for 1.5 million, which he said was a fair price, although he also stated that Everton offered 3 million a while ago and DK turned it down.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't hate Spurs, even though I had some hairy moments up at White hart Lane with their neanderthals and had to fight my way back to the tube once or twice, but I am just pissed off.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
1.5 million?

That's NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come it was accepted if DK turned down 3 a while ago??????

oh my god this is bad

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Spurs reckon they've landed a bloody bargain. 1.5 mill does sound on the cheap side of cheap. Does anyone know what the clauses are?

Spurs land bargain Zamora

By Raoul Simons and Leo Spall, Evening Standard
18 July 2003

Tottenham have landed Bobby Zamora for the bargain price of £1.5million.

The 22-year-old striker should complete his move to White Hart Lane today after the club agreed a performance-related deal with Brighton.

The overall fee could rise if Zamora is a success at Tottenham.

Zamora's agent Jon Smith would not confirm the amounts involved, but said: "I am sure Spurs fans will think they have got a bargain, while Brighton chairman Dick Knight will also be happy with the deal."

Smith also suggested that the player had been a Spurs supporter since childhood. A similar claim was made about his new strike partner Helder Postiga after he joined for £6.25m move from Porto last month.

Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle has been monitoring the progress of former West Ham trainee Zamora for nearly two years and his patience has paid off because the striker was originally valued at £5m.

But Spurs are still keen to bolster their attack further and West Ham striker Freddie Kanoute remains top of Hoddle's wanted list.

Tottenham have so far failed to agree a fee with West Ham and the two clubs are about £1.5m apart. However, with Zamora arriving for less than many expected and several players set to leave, a deal of around £4m may still be possible.

Regardless of whether the Kanoute move happens, Spurs remain determined to rejuvenate his squad.

Steffen Iversen is in negotiations with newlypromoted Wolves and Hoddle has already agreed a cutprice deal with Leicester to offload full-back Ben Thatcher. Darren Anderton's free transfer to Portsmouth could also be revived. But the next stage in Spurs' rebuilding is the arrival of Zamora, who has a prolific record in the Nationwide League and is an England Under-21 international. He has scored 76 goals in just 123 league games for Brighton.

Tottenham's director of football David Pleat said: "Bobby has been excellent and is a very honest player with good skills.

"For a lot of last season he had to play up front on his own and his scoring record was still in double figures in what was a difficult situation for the team.

"I am sure if the transfer goes through he will be a valuable player for us."

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you don't dislike Spurs and Hoddle already, I think you will find the dislike will develop and grow over the years. :sick:

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Mental Lental said:
I hope there's one gigantic f*** off sell on clause on him though.

Agreed!

So long Bob, and thanks for all the goals. :wave:

DK get that cash in SC's wallet now for squad stengthening

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sad to see the Bobster go, but can't really hate Spurs - they did a good enough job with our Gary Stevens in the 80s and provided us with Jeff Minton a decade or so later.

Good luck in the Premiership Bobby - you've done everything anyone could have asked you to do when you joined the Albion. I don't blame you for wanting the chance to play at the highest level. And I'm sure we'll see you back down on Brighton beach sometime.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If I wasn't surrounded by Spurs whingers at work, I'd be pleased for Bob, but a little concerned at what Hoddle might do to his career.

I'll treasure my Championes videos and the memories they will bring. I just wish my kids had been able to see him live more than they did.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here