Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs DO SIGN Bobby!!!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I knew today was going too well, still I have been saying all summer that the way he was playing the back end of last year I would not give yer 5p for him let alone 5 mil. If we got 3 mil in the current market then that's a good deal for us.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
While it is sad to see Bobby go, at least the record fee received will finally be beaten (previously £900,000 from Liverpool for Mark Lawrenson) and hopefully it will be the catalyst for a successful season.

:)

Gullhanger

Jul 9, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I kinda thought this when i heard Rebrov was definitely leaving spurs. Couldn't bring myself to think about it though.

Hopefully it will release a nice amount of money for Stevie C to bring in a few fresh faces. I trust him with it and reckon it was probably his decision, we all know what he can do with a bit of cash and hos connections, This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

100 per-cent spot-on. Let's face it, it was inevitable, sooner or later. And, yes, spent wisely, the money could be a major factor for us next season. In the meantime, thanks for everything, Bobby - and the very best of luck.

Bloody hell, though. Bleeding Tottenham???!! Jesus.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Well he was going to go at some stage,and its better he went now then half way thru the season when we are chasing promotion.

I trust and believe in SC,and i am positive he will bring in the right men for the job.

Good Luck Bobby,its been a joy and pleasure to watch you in the famous Blue and White Stripes.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once we were down, it was a matter of time. Must say I still feel "empty" anout it!.

Rather it happened now than in 3 weeks time.

I put my trust totally in SC with the money received!

(as per one of the earlier posts, I sincerley hope we have beaten the previous record of £900,000 received by the club for lawro, after BR's deductions:eek: )

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
So if we are to get promotion now, we need to get :-

Ivar Inge or an equally good defender
2 or 3 good strikers
1 winger
1 keeper.

Now thats gonna cost cash whether it be transfer fees or wages for frees. I just dont think this 1.5mil fee which people are talking about will be enough to get us these players. And dont forget, rarely does a manager get all the cash of a transfer to spend on players.

Oh well.......KEEP THE FAITH....
:(

larus

If it's not a done deal yet it might not happen. Morris didn't to to the sheep shagger did he?:lolol:

I think he will go, and I for one will say thank you Bob. :clap2:

At times last season he didn't seem to really want to play. Also, his record in Div 1 for goals in open play was not that great (but that was probably down to the support play).

SC must be given a big wedge now to invest in the playing budget (not transfers, please). In the long run, this may be a real blessing in disguise, build a good team for this year, go up and the build for Falmer. Well, I can dream can't I????

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
heard the news just now...completley gutted :shootself

But life go's on, he did a FANTASTIC job for us and I thank him for that and wish him all the best for his future.

Life go's on none the less - Players come and go - FANS are for LIFE :clap:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
CrabtreeBHA said:
heard the news just now...completley gutted :shootself

But life go's on, he did a FANTASTIC job for us and I thank him for that and wish him all the best for his future.

Life go's on none the less - Players come and go - FANS are for LIFE :clap:

Well said, we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not Bobby.

We appreciate what he has done for us, and won't forget those two glorious silverware laden seasons.

Thanks,

:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are not a one man team - remember Colchester away year before last 4 - 1 to the one man team.

Reality sets in and let's all just move on.

Spurgull

Jul 17, 2003
Supprted Spurs all my life but love the Albion since moving here 6 years ago. Desperately worried Hoddle will f*ck Bobby up a la Rebrov. See you in Div 1 next year. Moaning Spurs fan. (We do have a right you know!)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Selling our/your best players never works (Brooker doesn't count) and often it leads to relegation, always in the case of the Albion (although in the case of Mark Lawrenson, not immediately).

Even Steve Coppell actually said this, just after he joined.

Another blow for the lower leagues, how many extra fans would go to see Bobby Z in away games.

I think the lost goodwill by selling Bobby Z will be a loss of £2 million to the Albion when we get the new stadium.

It is not good business, but maybe it was inevitable. But why Spurs, only Pompey or Palace could be worse!

:sick: :sick:

Spurgull

Jul 17, 2003
Why do Albion fans hate Spurs so much? Most of my mates are season ticket holders at Withdean and only one really dislikes us due to some dodgy 1-1 draw Spurs were involved in back in the day to stop Brighton going up. Is it that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here