Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] spring fall forwards back - change the current system ? chronometer gubbins

spring fall forwards back - change the current system ?

• NO change - keep the current status quo

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • YES change it reason can be added below

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • YES change to BST - keep the summer vibe going

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • YES change to GMT - lord it over the french with the link to prime meridian - 1884

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • YES change to either BST ot GMT - screw the scots let them have taste of indepence early doors

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • YES change to CET - let me feel closer to our chums over La Manche,

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • YES change to either BST ot GMT - create more division on the isle o'ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
keep it, does no harm. either loosing the hour daylight in the summer evening or getting to work in the winter dark would be shite.

I am sure that, sometime in the late 70's/early 80's that the clocks were not changed for a few years. I think that they reverted to the previous system due to a rise in the number of dark morning accidents. Anyone recall this?.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don’t care what they do (I’m retired), if only they’d stop calling it “daylight saving”. Confuses the heck out of me. 🤪

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I get up at 5am for a 6am start at work and usually get home at around 18.15 so it doesn't make the foggiest of differences to me. It's fugging dark no matter what.

We are currently testing our daughter leaving school on her own to meet us at longer stretches on her journey until we know she's ok doing it.

Next school year we will begin her going to school on her own. The lighter in the mornings the better so change them back now and forward in the summer.

For us early risers the forward movement means nothing but the backwards one means a slight lay in.

Notwithstanding the other 4 year old still has no concept of time. To quote Anna in Frozen.... "the sky's awake so I'm awake"....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am sure that, sometime in the late 70's/early 80's that the clocks were not changed for a few years. I think that they reverted to the previous system due to a rise in the number of dark morning accidents. Anyone recall this?.
Yes ......... and it was shite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1970 as that was when my son was born. Even in the south it didn’t get daylight until 9am in December. We stayed in BST.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
We don't change our clocks here in Arizona.
I know. It's such fun watching the Spring Training baseball from Arizona when the MLB website quotes Eastern time, the Brewers website quotes Central time, and they play in Mountain time, and then half-way through March they change the American clocks so that some of those times change by an hour and some don't, and then a fortnight later we change our clocks so they all change again ...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I know. It's such fun watching the Spring Training baseball from Arizona when the MLB website quotes Eastern time, the Brewers website quotes Central time, and they play in Mountain time, and then half-way through March they change the American clocks so that some of those times change by an hour and some don't, and then a fortnight later we change our clocks so they all change again ...
I will certainly enjoy my extra hour of sleep at the weekends (before watching Albion matches) from this weekend until the end of March.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Navajo Nation is the only part of Arizona that DOES change their clocks (as the reservation also extends into Utah and New Mexico and so they keep their clocks consistent with those states).
So parts of Arizona do change then :)

There's 6 time zones or something within 100 miles or something isn't there? I worked out there for a while and got completely confused listening to the local radio.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
About to retire after a 37 year stint. No more 6AM starts in the dark , work all day then come home in the dark.

Won't miss any of that in the least so don't really care about messing around with the time, I will be tucked up in bed whatever

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I want Christmas in February and a complete shut down of all the mills and factories for a week in august. Only in an England mind. Easter can then slot nicely into a late June slot.
I’d like Xmas to be in the summer. The Australians somehow seem to manage it so I don’t see why we can’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here