Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Speaking from experience and having spoken to people in charge of the buses, the club massively underestimated the popularity of the R route in the first season. They were also very slow to rectify it.

Last season they finally set up two different queues for the R and the S bus, meaning an end to the push-and-shovery which had become common place. Still too few buses on though. Often, as someone who did not leave early and was sitting in the Upper West, I would still be waiting to get a bus just under an hour after the match had ended, having gone straight to the back of the line upon the final whistle. There were also incidents of people en route to the match having to get off the bus in Woodingdean, walk up the hill, and get back on because the buses used could not cope with the hill on Bexhill Road.

I cannot believe for one second the club thinks it is sensible to remove that route altogether.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Have they just changed to this:

Details of the special buses serving the Amex stadium
Brighton & Hove Albion are NOT running any Park & Ride buses or special services for the first three friendly/cup games on the dates below.
Saturday 27 July, Tuesday 30 July and Tuesday 6 August.

Seems this statement is for the first 3 friendly and cup game only!?

Read further down, goes on to say there will be NO special buses at all next season.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
An absolute joke. Making the amex one of the most inaccessible grounds in the country.
Who wants to go halves on a parking space now I can't get the H anymore?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have they just changed to this:

Details of the special buses serving the Amex stadium
Brighton & Hove Albion are NOT running any Park & Ride buses or special services for the first three friendly/cup games on the dates below.
Saturday 27 July, Tuesday 30 July and Tuesday 6 August.

Seems this statement is for the first 3 friendly and cup game only!? According to the statement, normal services will resume for matches thereafter....panic over!? ???

Scroll down !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I HOPE that just means they have made arrangements with someone else and just won't be using B&H Buses anymore. Perhaps they were charging too much or something.

I HOPE...

"Brighton & Hove Albion will not be running any other special services this season..." would suggest possibly not ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Before anybody completely jumps the gun, there are plenty of other bus operators the club may have negotiated a contract with. So we'll have to wait and see I guess..

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Right we have sorted the majority of transport issues, but this will cost you around £50 a season.

Hmmm sounds reasonable for most, a bit of a pain if you dont use it but most accept it and carry on.

Now we are charging you £50 and have everything in place, we are going to cancel all the bus services and let you struggle to the ground, but thanks for the £50 anyway. have fun getting to and from the ground again.

Much Love Paul Barber and the staff at BHAFC.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I've no idea if this is a good or bad thing. No idea what they intend to put in its place. Etc,., etc.

However the way this news comes out, via the bus company, appears to be pretty typical of the level of communication skills at the Amex. I can see some cost saving there.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
That is ridiculous and basically means that for evening games, I'm screwed. I and quite a few from the Shoreham/Mile Oak area rely on these buses to get to the ground.

It also means that a good number of games where I and my children would catch the bus are now out of the question, therefore meaning that my NON-TRANSFERABLE season ticket is worthless for games I can't get to.

Forgive me for being an ignoramus, but if there are a large number of people not able to access the stadium via public transport, does this not call into question the very T&C's of the agreement by the Government to provide planning permission to the Stadium?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I imagine they will secure a new bus partner. Perhaps they won't have done so by the time of the Newport County friendly, hence no bus provisions that day.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Before anybody completely jumps the gun, there are plenty of other bus operators the club may have negotiated a contract with. So we'll have to wait and see I guess..

Well the club web site links to the bus web site and that says NO.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I imagine they will secure a new bus partner. Perhaps they won't have done so by the time of the Newport County friendly, hence no bus provisions that day.

My worry is that the B&H Bus website says in no uncertain terms that the CLUB won't be running any special buses NOT that B&H Buses won't be. You'd expect the later if all it was that B&H Buses had lost the contract.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Watch the crowds plummet now. Spesh for the midweek games. TheMajor's gonna have a breakdown when he reads this.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's definitely time the club made a few comments on the coming season over several matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here