Spanish striker?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
You know as much as me, have no idea to be honest. Maybe being a south american country, Argentina and Spain have a special relationship and are more relaxed regards paper work!

Citizens of most South American states can enter Spain without a visa (for tourists). So they probably are a bit easier on work visas with those nations as well.

In order for him to get EU residency rights which would mean he could work here, he would have to have been in the EU for five years. He's been in Spain for about 4 years and 4 months :(

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That just about sums our scouting system up ... they have had almost 2 yrs to replace murray and they find some-one but now seem to have overlooked any passport/work permit issues which renders the deal useless

It's probably Naylor wanting to sound like he knows what he's talking about TBH.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Citizens of most South American states can enter Spain without a visa (for tourists). So they probably are a bit easier on work visas with those nations as well.

In order for him to get EU residency rights which would mean he could work here, he would have to have been in the EU for five years. He's been in Spain for about 4 years and 4 months :(

Oh dear, shambles!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This guy is solid Tosh.
Liga B, is equivalent to signing a Div 1 player, surely we can do better than that.
I have heard that after a dismal 6 months a certain Dan Sturridge will be available on loan......

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

JUST SEEN THIS FROM SEAGULLS OVER GRIMSBY ON ANOTHER THREAD

"As an Argentinian he would only need 2 years residency to qualify for Spanish citizenship. Don't understand the potential issue about a work permit if he is an EU national."

SHOULD BE A FORMALITY IF THATS RIGHT

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
JUST SEEN THIS FROM SEAGULLS OVER GRIMSBY ON ANOTHER THREAD

"As an Argentinian he would only need 2 years residency to qualify for Spanish citizenship. Don't understand the potential issue about a work permit if he is an EU national."

SHOULD BE A FORMALITY IF THATS RIGHT

I lifted the 5 year thing from the EU site, so have NO IDEA about Spain specifically.

If that is right, then Naylor is completely WRONG.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was sad enough to look it up and Seagulls Over Grimsby is right. As an Argentine who has lived there for more than two years all he would have to do is fill in a form to get a Spanish passport.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's probably Naylor wanting to sound like he knows what he's talking about TBH.

My thoughts exactly.

Beaten to the 'scoop' yet again by NSC so has to add a little something in to feed his delusions of continuing relevance.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
This guy is solid Tosh.
Liga B, is equivalent to signing a Div 1 player, surely we can do better than that.
I have heard that after a dismal 6 months a certain Dan Sturridge will be available on loan......

Did you go to Marbella and watch us play the Spanish second division team Cordoba?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
dont worry about it and i just getting fed up with every picking on me

i might aswell just f**K off and not come back

Just ignore it Mark, you know how NSC is with everyone taking the mick out of each other, it's just banter. I think everyone would agree with you and love someone like Austin, but if he costs £5m, and the Ulloa guy costs £1.5m, it's a no brainer isn't it? Why spend £5m on Austin when he could break his leg in the first game and be out for 12 months?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This guy is solid Tosh.

You realise he's been scoring at a ratio of 1 in 2 at La Liga level, yes?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
You realise he's been scoring at a ratio of 1 in 2 at La Liga level, yes?

I thought some of his goals had been scored in la liga but mostly in the spanish second league... but then again im not too clued up on this. can anyone clarify?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I was sad enough to look it up and Seagulls Over Grimsby is right. As an Argentine who has lived there for more than two years all he would have to do is fill in a form to get a Spanish passport.

It looks as though Naylor is bullshitting then (to seem as though he has an inside track).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports