Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
This guy is solid Tosh.
Liga B, is equivalent to signing a Div 1 player, surely we can do better than that.

The Spanish 2nd Division is directly equivalent with the Championship in terms of overall quality, albeit the 2nd Division teams in Spain are more technically adept than in England and generally less physical.

Ulloa has always done well in the Spanish 2nd Division, I can remember him playing for Castellon before he moved to Almeria when they were in the 1st Division. He wasn't really good enough for that level, but he did well again after they were relegated. This season he only has four goals as he has mainly been used as a sub by Almeria's new coach, I don't know why, though I did see in the Spanish press last week that they had made him transferable, probably because they want to replace him. I'm surprised by that as he's a big unit and a good finisher for second level football, might be well suited to the English league.

Are you likely to pay a fee as its unlikely they'd get any sort of payment for him from any other team in Spain?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This is proberly a load of bollocks but......
BHA Will sign martyn waghorn from leicester
Ashley barnes going to millwall
Will hoskins to barnsley
should all be completed by weekend

31 Dec 2012 16:25:57
Brighton have finalised a loan deal with Genoa to sign Sebastian Ribas, a striker who is currently on loan at French Ligue 2 side Monaco FC. The deal is until the end of season with an option to buy. Brighton had tried to sign Ribas's services pre-season although they were priced out on wages at the time. Monaco manager Claudio Ranieri, has yet to include Ribas in any of his starting line ups this season, due to disciplinary and fitness reasons, which has prompted Genoa to cut short his current loan deal, with Brighton the benefactors.

Brighton and Hove Albion Rumours

Yes

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I know Bob, but just searching.......... and if i can keep searching, then surely the law of averages says i might get it right eh :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bollocks! The SPL is a brilliant League that has produced Glasgow Celtic, a team that whipped Barcelona. Even Rangers, a side that boasts goal poacher Fran Sandaza can only ply their trade as a third division side, such is the strength of the national game.

How did the Queens Park Rangers match go at the weekend?

Glasgow derby

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Ribas AND Ulloa now THAT is South American flair in pale blue and white stripes!!!

With those two we would PUNCH and FLOUNCE our way into the Premier League.

Oh f***ing hell, now I'm expecting this to happen and will be all sulky when Gary Madine turns up....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Looking on one of the French sites, Ribas hasn't player yet because he's been injured all season, and the problem was apparently made worse by an injection that was supposed to speed up his recovery. He's not happy there it seems, so you never know...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Because citizens of other European union states don't need a work permit, if he can get himself dual nationality and therefore a Spanish passport he is free to move and work anywhere in Europe. I'd imagine the rules for a South American to work in Spain are a lot different to those for a South American to work in theU.K.

If he can't though, then it's scupper end. A player generally has to have played 75% of his nation's internationals over the past 2 years to be accepted - pretty ridiculous when you're trying to bring in someone from Argentina.... Most of the other big football nations it seems are far more relaxed about their immigration requirements..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here