Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Just asked Naylor on twitter about the passport/permit stuff. He says, Ulloa qualifies for a Spanish passport but just doesn't have one yet. I presume once he has this passport (which seems more a formality now rather than a problem) the work permit should be issued!

Yes but didn't we have a Brazilian guy that was waiting for an Italian passport - that was well over a year ago and I doubt if he's got it yet.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Can you find a version in English?

It looks to me like we are after some Argie, who has lost his place in a second division Spanish team, after only getting four goals this season? It that it?

His record at Almeria prior to the start of this season was 35 goals in 72 appearances, that included a season in La Liga. Last season he was absolute fire 28 goals in 38 games, he knows where the goal is. He's only started 10 games this season so 4 goals is keeping with his career average.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Who SHOULD we be signing ?

I really don't know right now. I think the new Manager needs to decide what will suit his style of play. However, with Spanish clubs in so much financial trouble, I would have thought at least some of their top strikers should be on our radar, if that is where we are looking. I would much rather see some nasty bastard from Eastern Europe.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I really don't know right now. I think the new Manager needs to decide what will suit his style of play. However, with Spanish clubs in so much financial trouble, I would have thought at least some of their top strikers should be on our radar, if that is where we are looking. I would much rather see nome nasty bastard from Eastern Europe.

What are you wittering on about?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
His record at Almeria prior to the start of this season was 35 goals in 72 appearances, that included a season in La Liga. Last season he was absolute fire 28 goals in 38 games, he knows where the goal is. He's only started 10 games this season so 4 goals is keeping with his career average.

Thank you for the insight. So why is he not already playing at a higher level, and why has he been dropped?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Season Team Competition App G Y R
2012/2013 Almería Segunda División 18 4 3 0
2011/2012 Almería Segunda División 38 28 8 2
2010/2011 Almería Primera División 34 7 8 1
2009/2010 Castellón Segunda División 38 15 8 0
2008/2009 Castellón Segunda División 40 16 10 0
2007/2008 Olimpo Primera División 0 3 ? ?
2007/2008 Arsenal Primera División 0 3 ? ?

Fair goal record even as a relegated team in La Liga, he got a few.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can you find a version in English?

It looks to me like we are after some Argie, who has lost his place in a second division Spanish team, after only getting four goals this season? It that it?

That's one take on it, pmsl.....We all know what we need. Someone with experience of this division or above, doesn't have to be British but and understanding of the Championship is vital. So what are we after??? Got disaster written all over it. Although I must admit, there is something a bit flairtastic about this guy. No doubt it will be "complicated" at the last minute and he won't come anyway.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thank you for the insight. So why is he not already playing at a higher level, and why has he been dropped?

I've no idea why he isn't playing at a higher level, he didn't exactly set the world on fire in his time in La Liga but his scoring average was pretty much a goal every two games in a pretty poor side which isn't bad by top flight standards. I am guessing he's been dropped as he hasn't scored since October, so is clearly out of form, that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Calde was playing a level below this bloke when we picked him up and he's been a decent enough signing, maybe not cut out for where we want to end up but can hold his own at this level.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Jonny Dixon is half Spanish. Never knew why we let him go!?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Somebody tweeted the personal twitter account of an Almeria fan who works for a Spanish/Latin America sports news agency. The correspondence goes something like this:

"Can you give us a little discount for Ulloa? hahahaha"

"Ulloa is leaving for England for some 4 kilos (I assume that must be 400k? or maybe 4 grand a week wages?), of which we'll only see half"

"too much for any Spanish team. I think that this situation keeps repeating itself and will keep happening. La Liga is getting worse. "

"and even with the injection of new tv contracts in England, it'll practically double what they'll earn"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here