Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
i worry that with many of our signings now we see has played in la liga, premiership, or won some cup back in the day, and take this as must be good enough to be in our team. Looking at players like Rhodes last year, or Bennett when we had him, it could be better to invest in leagues that aren't the top ones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The directors box had a couple of Spanish mums/families with kids in tow. I joked that Bloom was probably entertaining the family of a hot new Spanish striker we wish to sign. Would be funny if true.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's Diego forlan

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Honestly you dont think Gus ok's every transfer ?.... honestly claiming Buckley was a Stephenson transfer !..... he knew him sure, and may have helped secure the deal, but Gus runs the ship trust me from top to bottom.

Bergkamp?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hope your not driving !! (Hands free texting anyone?)

No, no I'm not.

It's difficult enough trying to juggle Pringles, chocolate orange and the administrative duties of the world's best football messageboard (© North Stand Chat)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've heard from someone pretty reputable (I know I know... :glare:) that we are signing a new striker from Spain and it's a "done deal".

Interesting reading Gus' comments regarding English players being overpriced today, seems to me to reinforce the fact that he'll go overseas in this transfer window.

With the likes of Bruno and Vicente here already, I wonder if this could help tempt a top-class player over here?

Any ideas? Anyone heard anything along these lines?

Is it leonardo Ulloa?

An Argentinian from Spain I reckon.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
fernando llorente he wont come to us he will go somewhere else

But his form has dipped since his room mate David Lopez has left. Coming to the Albion offers him his best chance of regaining his form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here