Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've heard from someone pretty reputable (I know I know... :glare:) that we are signing a new striker from Spain and it's a "done deal".

Interesting reading Gus' comments regarding English players being overpriced today, seems to me to reinforce the fact that he'll go overseas in this transfer window.

With the likes of Bruno and Vicente here already, I wonder if this could help tempt a top-class player over here?

Any ideas? Anyone heard anything along these lines?

Excellent. We haven't had a good Raul rumour for a while.

Seriously, I hope we announce this 'done deal' soon.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd say its MIXED.

I would class the signings of the following attacking players as a sucess:

Barnes (tremendous value) / Bennett (great buy, sold for a big profit) / Noone (huge profit) / Buckley (a steal at £1m)

And the following as poor buys:

Dobbie (seems utterly disinterested) / Hoskins (hasn't worked) / CMS (seemed a good buy, but hasn't worked. If we recoup what we paid - move this one to NEUTRAL)

I was being economical with my words as I'm in the car on my phone.

So, to clarify, I meant centre forwards specifically and not attacking players more generally.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was being economical with my words as I'm in the car on my phone.

So, to clarify, I meant centre forwards specifically and not attacking players more generally.

Well, with that clarification, I'd have to agree with you.

Our recent record of identifying and signing suitable strikers, has indeed been POOR.

(until now...)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
he turned down arsenal to join us, apparently their form was to erratic and he would like a team with more consistency.

I've also heard he's become unsettled at Bilbao since his room mate David Lopez left. Can we come up with a way to sort this being-away-from-Lopez problem out?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ahh yes Bennett, well done SLADE for that one, and Buckley was a Stephenson buy.

Honestly you dont think Gus ok's every transfer ?.... honestly claiming Buckley was a Stephenson transfer !..... he knew him sure, and may have helped secure the deal, but Gus runs the ship trust me from top to bottom.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gaizka Toquero?

Certainly got the stature and work rate, but his touch isn't that good from what I've seen of Bilbao's games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here