Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Restaurant

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Olives, manchego, sopa marisco, Serrano ham, chorizo, albondigas, higaditos, bread, house rioja & cheesecake with hazelnut liqueur is a good spread in there that has NO garlic between In any of them. You & your friends cannot read a menu, cannot order & it's probably best for everyone if you ask the staff to order for you in future

What no garlic in the hazelnut liquor, cheesecake, Rioja, cheese or cold meats. Well that's certainly showed me hasn't it.
More fool us for ordering chicken, rabbit and lamb dishes.
Higaditos always contains garlic by the way. Look up some recipes Mr Ramsay.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every dish I ate when I went there was ruined by the incredible amounts of garlic they put in it. Maybe I caught them on a bad night but friends who have gone since have said the same.

And there was no soccer-players in there.

Surprised you did not stampede in the direction of the Mussels ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What no garlic in the hazelnut liquor, cheesecake, Rioja, cheese or cold meats. Well that's certainly showed me hasn't it.
More fool us for ordering chicken, rabbit and lamb dishes.
Higaditos always contains garlic by the way. Look up some recipes Mr Ramsay.

Thank you for highlighting your own dreadful ordering. TAPAS is small dishes you have solely picked the big oven meals & similar ones at that...
Higaditos has no garlic taste in there, just it's own juices. It sums up your dull, Unadventurous taste buds that you would look up a recipe online but not actually taste, to make up your easily influenced mind.
Try the rinones or pulpo one day & you'll find a proper taste of Spanish tapas

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thank you for highlighting your own dreadful ordering. TAPAS is small dishes you have solely picked the big oven meals & similar ones at that...
Higaditos has no garlic taste in there, just it's own juices. It sums up your dull, Unadventurous taste buds that you would look up a recipe online but not actually taste, to make up your easily influenced mind.
Try the rinones or pulpo one day & you'll find a proper taste of Spanish tapas

Even the Soberano was shit.
Overpriced, too much garlic and we were given an hour and a bit to rush through our meal before the next 'sitting' started.
I will try the rinones and pulpo next time at Capricios or Picassos in Worhing.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:lolol:

They serve you a small dish of Bachelors Savoury Rice, small flat squares of rehydrated red pepper and ALL, and have the nerve to call it paella. You'd have to pay me to go back.

What's wrong with Bachelors savoury rice ? Anyway I'm off down the Taste of Bengal - they do an excellant Vesta Lamb Curry.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Casa Don Carlos is my favourite restaurant in Brighton, period. Great to see the Spanish players love it too. Enjoyed watching that feature at the weekend.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Even the Soberano was shit.
Overpriced, too much garlic and we were given an hour and a bit to rush through our meal before the next 'sitting' started.
I will try the rinones and pulpo next time at Capricios or Picassos in Worhing.
Thanks for your help.

Gambos...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ha, ha - now you mention it.

He's actually Uruguayan.

It is a great place, and we love it in there - and they've been generous to REMF before as well. Have I ever mentioned that before?

Gus and Tano used to go there too but they find parking a bit of a problem.

It's run by a top bloke called Francisco Rivas, who is from Santander and married to a gorgeous Uruguayan lady called Raquel. He used to be the head waiter at Al Duomo but left after the death of the legendary Dino Azzarone, former business partner of Pietro and Sue Addis, who own Donatello.

And I think the food there is great - try the ternasco. Thank f*** (or should that be gracias a joder?) there's no room for Flamenco dancers ...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gus and Tano used to go there too but they find parking a bit of a problem.

It's run by a top bloke called Francisco Rivas, who is from Santander and married to a gorgeous Uruguayan lady called Raquel. He used to be the head waiter at Al Duomo but left after the death of the legendary Dino Azzarone, former business partner of Pietro and Sue Addis, who own Donatello.

And I think the food there is great - try the ternasco. Thank f*** (or should that be gracias a joder?) there's no room for Flamenco dancers ...

Francisco kindly supplied that afore-mentioned prize for REMF once upon a time, which was great considering they have their own regular charity of choice.

I've been boring people on here for yonks about that place. I love it.

Actually, I've been boring people for yonks, full stop.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What's wrong with Bachelors savoury rice ? Anyway I'm off down the Taste of Bengal - they do an excellant Vesta Lamb Curry.

paella.jpg

The real deal!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's a little Spanish place in Sydney Street, I did like the food there during one pre-match lunch this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here