"Spanish Day"....oh....you're actually serious?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Where did I put my poncho and sombrero?

Can't wait. :clap: People behind me might have a bad view of the game though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where did I put my poncho and sombrero?

Can't wait. :clap: People behind me might have a bad view of the game though.

Yeah? Imagine your disappointment if you were one of the people sitting behind the 6ft 5 bloke in the 2ft Guinness hat in the WSU the day we beat Palarse 3-0. (true story)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Too cool for skool types on here can cringe etc but think its a bloody great idea and look forward to it. What's wrong witha bit of fun. Though I understand those that might feel embarrassed. All teenagers do but you'll grow out of it with time and stop caring, realise you we're a bit of a precious **** wasting so much time being embarrassed and cringing and...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
of our 'spanish' players:

1 is catalan but considers himself Italian
1 is catalan and has played for the catalan national team
2 are basque
1 is argentinian

That.

What a lot of tinpot shite. If Palace did this we'd be pissing ourselves laughing from now to Christmas.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That.

What a lot of tinpot shite. If Palace did this we'd be pissing ourselves laughing from now to Christmas.

Weren't you at Barnsley at the end of last season? There were quiet a few fans in Spanish outfits in honour of Vicente.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I never thought I'd see the day that my club would be encouraging me to go to a football match in "spanish fancy dress"

:facepalm:

what is "Spanish fancy dress" anyway? Last time I went to Spain most of the men were wearing tight t-shirts and designer jeans

I didnt realise that Brighton had gone that tin pot! I am surprised the board didnt think that there was a game last week on non league day!

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Come on don't knock it till you try it . Best of luck with your ... Er... Day and I hope it goes .... Er ... Well ???

Sorry, sheebs, but that did make me laugh.

Maybe it's just me but some highly amusing stuff on this thread. As well as some good points, well made. What with Cullip's brilliant Assad video, this is one of NSC's qualla weeks. Normal binfest service to be resumed asap no doubt.

Good job, chaps.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Weren't you at Barnsley at the end of last season? There were quiet a few fans in Spanish outfits in honour of Vicente.

Loads of Spanish flags there was. We thought it was Vicente's last game for us. That was all eclipsed by Mohammed I'm Hard Bruce Lee and his brother's efforts though. Keith from Prodigy and Marilyn Monroe. All the more admirable considering it was effing freezing.

As a Sussex bonfire boy, I can confess to actually possessing a Spanish-style ("Valencian", actually) costume, which gets an occasional airing in public. There are even photographs of me wearing it - but I'm not posting them on NSC.

Frankly, I would be embarrassed to turn up at a football match wearing the thing. And I doubt if the Club would welcome the fiery torches and noxious flares that are an integral part of the get-up.

So ... it's a NO from me.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Yes, I have a poncho,
Yes, I can obtain a sombrero,
Hell I even have a false moustache,

Will I wear them all to a football match?

F*CK NO!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, I have a poncho,
Yes, I can obtain a sombrero,

I will never understand what a hat from Mexico and an item of Clothing from the Andes have to do with Spain.

This isn't aimed at you, just in general.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
of our 'spanish' players:

1 is catalan but considers himself Italian
1 is catalan and has played for the catalan national team
2 are basque
1 is argentinian

EXACTLY and given our Catalan manager why would we do a Spanish day?

If a team from say Bulgaria had 2 Scots, 2 Welshmen and a Chinese player why would they do an English day and drink Tea? Surely you'd have Irn Bru and Mint Sauce!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports