Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Agree with all of this.He is auto choice. Add Orlandi too - superb crosser and very intelligent player. Sees opportunities such as the nearly goal from quick free kick, goal against cardiff and the header on to Spanish Dave last week.

All our last 11 goals scored by the Spanish gang (counting Len as a de facto Spaniard with his passport).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lopez was absolutely first class today. An awesome display full of skill and quality both on and off the ball. What a find he is.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Was a class act. Should have been MoTM on my humble opinion. I know Ull-ooo-ja got a triple whammy and all that, but Spanish Dave was a class apart. Him playing through the middle is something I would like to see more of.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Him & Orlandi were sublime today.
Well chuffed for Ulloa getting 3 today though too. What a confidence booster for him & the team.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Yet again classy, as in my opinion was Hammond throughout the entire game.

Midfield gelling nicely, and a massive improvement over last season.

Squad is overall getting better and better.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I met SD today after the game, what a top man, posed for a photo and was incredibly humble. I said to him that I thought he was MOM today and he appreciated it. Was with what looked like his wife and baby, but still took the time to talk to us and have a photo. My new favourite player.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I researched quite a bit about Spanish Dave when we signed him and said to Mini he is going to be a fantastic player for us, finally a few weeks back when leaving the Amex Mini finally agreed I was right.

Taken a while to settle in but boy he is quality through and through.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I rate him higher than Vicente. When he signed, I knew he'd be a success, having watched a bit of Bilbao over the past few years. Even when he started quietly, I was telling everyone around me to have faith. The fella is utter, utter class, and don't think for a second we've seen the best of him.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I always thought the guy would be quality at this level purely due to his credentials at la liga level. He's surpased even what i hoped, the guy is utter quality. What a brilliant signing! I have a v strong feeling he will sign another deal. Seems to me he loves it here and really loves his new identity of Spanish Dave. Best nickname ever. Spanish Dave, you are amazing Señor!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
He seems to just get better and better the more he plays, ran the midfield today with Orlandi, fantastic performance.

Jimmy Grimble

Sensational yesterday. Absolutely everywhere and not just for the sake of it in a headless chicken type fashion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And still no bugger joined in up in the WSU when 4 or 5 of us tried to start the "Oh Spanish Dave" song after the pen. Join in you miserable bastards :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here