Spanish Dave

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But what does he do?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Notwithstanding Ulloa's hattrick, i thought Spanish Dave was MOTM today.Ran the whole show and scarcely put a foot wrong

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Exactly the words I was going to use. One minute playing the Bridcutt role at the back, next in the centre of midfield spraying the ball, next being furthest forward running at the keeper, then a 2 minute cameo at right back when Bruno was a bit far forward. Must have done some mileage today

exactly this, he was often the furthest up the pitch, or the furthest back...just wanted the ball and ran the show!

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Surely got to be given a contract for next season now. Premiership or not.

SIGN HIM UP GUS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I loved him, but he was very deep considering we had Dicker AND Hammond also playing. Dicker had a stinker because the shape was all wrong and too negative. Had we played Dave in the Dicker role and CMS alongside Ulloa we'd have won by 8 or 9!

Dicker was redundant today, but I have a lot of sympathy. Dave was always on his toes, and he needs to play that role a lot more. He is superb.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Excellent in the middle either deep or advanced, exceptional at right back, yet just 'good' at right wing where he's 'supposed' to play. Find a place for him every week Gus!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
So unlucky not to add a couple more goals as well. Couple brilliant pieces of defending to clear off the line with keeper well beaten. Great game from him

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Class act again today - some of his passes were sublime.

Penalty was a corker, too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every penalty he takes is in different part of the goal, he gets assists, scores goals, crosses, sets up killer passes, but what does he actually do?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Would love to see the stats for how many times he was on the ball. Got to be twice that of any other player.
Really impressed how after starting as AMF he dropped back and sorted us out from DMF as dicker and Hammond were not getting their foot on the ball.
He then proceeded to pay absolutely f***ing EVERYWHERE!
Immense.
Then just before we went back in front the guy next to me suggested he was playing badly and should be taken off. :eek: :what:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought he was class today ... a replacement for vicente next season maybe

I thought the same.

It really was a master class today, and couldn't help but wonder if we would have had the same treat, if Vicente was playing.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
MOM but for the hat trick hero

Both Spanish Dave and Spanish Andrea were absolutely excellent today and are so game after game, many of our members need to be reminded of that after the abuse extended just 3/4 months ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here