Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick's LAST remaining retail premises of interest has gone !

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Well no one now coz blockbusters & tomorrow's world have all gone so I can't no longer have a bit of exercise walking to my local high street to browse through the latest DVD releases have a chat with the staff about what's good & not , then spend a little more cash in the other local shops ( sweets & alcohol ) , so I'll just get fatter & fatter & lazier & lazier like all the other fat lazy bastards sitting at home in their cocoons ordering everything online the zombie apocalypse as already started I'm afraid my friends ( rant far from over )

All the time you are outside, you can't be controlled, or spied upon.........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont watch films but my brother in law has hundreds and like most either downloads them or buys copies at work. He copied Les Miserables for me off of his, I will probably watch it someday in the future. So a rental company going out of business is not a major concern for me and probably not many other people

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I dont watch films but my brother in law has hundreds and like most either downloads them or buys copies at work. He copied Les Miserables for me off of his, I will probably watch it someday in the future. So a rental company going out of business is not a major concern for me and probably not many other people

Nor the local butchers
The record shops local sports shops etc not a major concern for anyone I suppose thank goodness for the Internet don't know where we'd all be without it

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Surely it is legal for personal use and not public showing.

Oh, it wasn't the intended audience, more the title.

*having to explain the gag is the equivalent of blasting the ball over the bar from 6 yards out. I feel shamed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh, it wasn't the intended audience, more the title.

*having to explain the gag is the equivalent of blasting the ball over the bar from 6 yards out. I feel shamed.

I think the technical expression is owned

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely it is legal for personal use and not public showing.

Of course not. It is still in the cinema and then has the dvd run. Any viewing before these stages not by watching the film in the cinema or hiring/buying the film is illegal. :ffsparr:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who still rents DVDs? :shrug:

I do. I was going to rent Argo tomorrow. Now I cannot. And more to the point the milf that worked there was very nice so it is a bad day all round.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
The best shop in Southwick square closed in about 1990, A E Bakers next to the post office, used to love getting my bon bons and toffee crumble there. Oh and circle K where you could get a 2 litre bottle of happy shopper fizzy pop for 20p, bargain, then it was back down to the green to continue kicking lumps out of the foreign students playing football.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No we have Ladbrokes, a fish and chip shop, a carpet shop, a kebab shop, hyman hill, a launderette, a computer shop, vacant, a news agent, a charity shop, a post office, a pet shop, a fruit and veg shop, bubbles for assorted tat, A newsagents, Adur estates, smiths, forfars, a cheap shop for everyday items, the chinese shop, co op, a travel agent, a chemist and an electical shop. The only one of these of any interest was the dvd shop and of course Ladbrokes.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh s..t didnt know that. It s advertised as being shown at Wivlesfield Village Hall next Sunday.

You can go to jail for 10 years. You are a criminal.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here