Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick's LAST remaining retail premises of interest has gone !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The only place of interest in Southwick Square has gone as of today. Tomorrow's World. Gone bust, the way of Blockbusters. The shop in Portslade as well.

Now I can't even hire a new film of choice and I wanted to hire Argo tomorrow. FFS ! Where will this all end ?!

:rant:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Armageddon?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At the moment Uncle it's all gone Blinkbox, Netflix etc. I just took a moment to think about the last time I bought anything other than food or medicine from a High Street Shop, must have been some time.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Should have let another bookies open, insane protestors 'win' and stop a shop opening & attracting more people to the area and then other shops fail like dominoes turning it into a ghost town...clever

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As I recall there is a rather good Bakers and of course the Chinese supermarket for essentials like Chicken's Feet.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I used to use the Boundary Road Tomorrows World almost weekly. Very sad to see it go. Nothing will be left soon except coffee shops and supermarkets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair the reason for failure is more due to technology moving on then anything else as media is so easily available on-line now as opposed to hiring a DVD.

We are having a huge re-organisation at work to move our company forward as the mantra is we don not want to end up like Blockbusters or Jessops.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair the reason for failure is more due to technology moving on then anything else as media is so easily available on-line now as opposed to hiring a DVD.

We are having a huge re-organisation at work to move our company forward as the mantra is we don not want to end up like Blockbusters or Jessops.
That's the nub of it. You don't see many coal merchants or paraffin heater showrooms around now as technology has moved on. Video stores have gone the same way.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York

The only place of interest in Southwick Square has gone as of today. Tomorrow's World. Gone bust, the way of Blockbusters. The shop in Portslade as well.

Now I can't even hire a new film of choice and I wanted to hire Argo tomorrow. FFS ! Where will this all end ?!

:rant:

They haven't gone bust just sensibly decided to get out now before they start losing money. As you say, technology has moved on but they were still busy on a Friday/Saturday, it's just the rest of the week which was a problem. The rent charged by the landlords doesn't make it a viable business any more.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think the TW in Goring is still open. Looked like that to me when I went past on the bus on friday anyway. But then again, I was watching Netflix on my iPhone so can't be 100%....

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This town is coming like a ghost town
All the shops have been closed down
Grannies only shop there now
So many charity shops to choose from
Ahhh ahhhh ahhhhh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who still rents DVDs? :shrug:
Esp when they get really titsy just because you haven't rewound it.
Let it slide and keep the customer.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Who still rents DVDs? :shrug:

Well no one now coz blockbusters & tomorrow's world have all gone so I can't no longer have a bit of exercise walking to my local high street to browse through the latest DVD releases have a chat with the staff about what's good & not , then spend a little more cash in the other local shops ( sweets & alcohol ) , so I'll just get fatter & fatter & lazier & lazier like all the other fat lazy bastards sitting at home in their cocoons ordering everything online the zombie apocalypse as already started I'm afraid my friends ( rant far from over )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here