Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That is handy I had 60 notes on us to win

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Even though the commentators said the strikers were getting no service for the whole game? We still blame the strikers?
JFC in the midfield.......not sure what anyone expected, we saw enough of it over the last 2 seasons.

Stumpy Tim

JFC in the midfield.......not sure what anyone expected, we saw enough of it over the last 2 seasons.
JFC was playing upfront though. Warren kept saying he was only passing sideways, but COG made no decent runs.

Hughton clearly doesn't trust JFC in a midfield two, but he isn't going to be much good upfront either. He needs to play as part of a three man central midfield

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Even though the commentators said the strikers were getting no service for the whole game? We still blame the strikers?

Hemed helped to create a goal 15 minutes after he was introduced, we had no chances all the time COG was on the pitch. Sometimes you have to create opportunities of your own.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

They also said on a number of occasions when he got the ball it was bouncing off him.

He just isn't a threat for me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton clearly doesn't trust JFC in a midfield two, but he isn't going to be much good upfront either. He needs to play as part of a three man central midfield

Trouble is it's always the case that JFC should have been played in another position. When he played in midfield, people come n here and say that he should be played in a more advanced role - last night he was, so he should have been in a three man midfield (which we don't do). So, has he actually got a best position?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks. I don't think anyone wanted extra time......and it was a good goal.

I was resigned to an extra half hour and then pens so the celebration was as much relief as well as the win especially with the traffic snarl up going back over the bridge.

Stumpy Tim

Trouble is it's always the case that JFC should have been played in another position. When he played in midfield, people come n here and say that he should be played in a more advanced role - last night he was, so he should have been in a three man midfield (which we don't do). So, has he actually got a best position?

It's a fair comment, and I still prefer him in the more advanced role... it's just with COG in front of him he didn't have anyone making a run in front of him. What can he do except pass sideways? Personally I think he may need to leave to fulfil his promise, which would be a huge shame

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was a well taken goal by Lua Lua, lucky our goalkeeper is good as their passing went straight through the defense at times and was accurate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Holla was quality at the beginning of last season too. Looked one of our best players early on, especially Leeds away. He strikes me as a very very useful squad player, capable of providing good midfield competition, but I wouldn't expect him to hold told a regular place because he's just not consistent enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here