Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I haven't really followed the game.

I'm guessing the summary amounts to: dire game where we were second best but nicked it undeservedly?

Sounds about right, although I zoned out after enduring the first half. Still, Barca 4-4 Sevilla, going into the second half of extra time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mind you would you want that spawny smarmy Nigel managing our team? Of course not. I think I'd honestly rather have Steve Evans.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Am I being overly optimistic... I've just shovelled £40 on Kaz to score at anytime 4/1 ...Bet365.?

It prob won't happen, but seems decent value. :)

The Milky Bars are on you!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another three points. Excellent.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Do we have 1 more game to play against lower league or championship sides to play before we hope for the money spinning tie against Man utd/city, Arsenal, spurs a and of course Palace?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do we have 1 more game to play against lower league or championship sides to play before we hope for the money spinning tie against Man utd/city, Arsenal, spurs a and of course Palace?
Next round includes all Prem sides not involved in European competition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Money spinning if you happen to get a tie away to one of the top 4. Prem clubs don't tend to have large crowds for the League cup.
I remember when Middlesbrough were in the Prem, we got them away in the 2nd round. There were all of 5K in the stadium.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I haven't really followed the game.

I'm guessing the summary amounts to: dire game where we were second best but nicked it undeservedly?

Thats certainly the gist of the report on Southend's web site!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Has there been a referee change at short notice, or is the Albion twitter feed wrong?

[TWEET]631176200778579968[/TWEET]

Noticed that too. I got the officials from the FL site

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Southend United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

We were shocking.

Much like every away game last season.

JFC shambles, holla not much better, Calderon completely anonymous. Southends giant upfront whose on loan from Charlton far better than COG.

Our keeper flapped twice but made two good saves towards end.

Lua lua 8.5, Greer 8, bong 6, rosenoir 6, rest of team between 1 and 4.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What about Rea?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeah Rea has been playing as a holding midfielder for the U21's. Maybe that is his best postilion. COG sounded totally horrific and lazy tonight. Glad we brought our main strikers on as it appeared to give us a bit of a lift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here