[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, were was the bizarre incident to rob is of all three points? Seems like ages since we've had such an uncontentious match.

To be fair we're getting to that stage of the season where any teams with over 30 points have half an eye on the beach - Southampton looked like one of those teams... and they may be packing their bags too early if they aren't careful.

Knowing the Albion, it could still happen at any point later this afternoon in some footballing first

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Going to claim credit for that win. I couldn’t bear watch 2nd half or even listen to. Made lunch instead and only tuned back in for last 2mins of injury time. Fair to say I was not expecting that result. Ain’t it the hope that kills yer

I literally turned back back on at the end and they were showing the possible penalty at the end- would have been just typical :ffsparr:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I suppose that means I'm going to have to keep the 'lucky' Avatar.
To be honest, it's starting to give me the creeps.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With some extra coaching he could be our March cover.

Isn't that Karbownik? Quite surprised he wasn't in the squad today, but Potter isn't one for rushing players into the team before he thinks they're ready, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Thank #### for that! I feel like I've ran a marathon after watching the games on TV. 90+ minutes of muscle tension & holding my breath when we're ahead is not good for the body. Or the mind! :clap2:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Isn't that Karbownik? Quite surprised he wasn't in the squad today, but Potter isn't one for rushing players into the team before he thinks they're ready, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Called that when the line up was announced

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My heart rate is still at a highly unhealthy level

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The thing that has annoyed me so much recently is our lack of game management when we hand opposition the ball, give them chances at goal, and yards on the pitch unnecessarily.. But that second half was exactly how it should be done. Well done the lads, hopefully they learn and take it forward.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just get behind the team for 90 mins......why would you turn your back on your own team?

JUst a question?

IM 59 ( and a bit ) and I wont miss a minute of us on TV or at the Amex.........I even gave up OT today to watch the game.

good man,

some people just prefer moaning on the internet, quite sad really

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Football at 12 on a Sunday is dangerous. I'm 3 cans deep and contemplating a trek to the shops before the dreaded Sunday early closing.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
You are the only one who thinks it wasn't including the officials and TV commentators. However, if you are a person who always believes they are right regardless, you carry on.

You maybe right, I'm defiantly no lemming or sheep follower, officials and TV commentators are always correct are they???

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Football at 12 on a Sunday is dangerous. I'm 3 cans deep and contemplating a trek to the shops before the dreaded Sunday early closing.
Please don't drive then.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports