[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Zeqiri looks a FAR better player than Connolly doesn't he?

Yes. Yes he does.

Another utility player too and I was pretty worried about how he'd defend but he got up and down and really got involved in their box. Absolute TONS of potential compared to Connolly who, even for a little chap, is a bit too big for his boots.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Overall very pleased with that. Everyone turned up, Lallana was outstanding and Tross actually scored. Has truly made my Sunday :)

After being less than impressed with the subs against Leicester, putting Swiss Andy on turned the tide. Some debate whether it was tactical or injury based but, if it was the latter then it's the first stroke of luck GP has had all season.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
We need a GIF!

Rece6fe417d20eb56bc730df16da0b7c2.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bloody well done lads- I take some credit for the win as I turned off the TV after The scummers equalised. Also saved me a triple bypass next week

I spent the last 8 minutes in the kitchen, just listening as I couldn’t bear to watch. My other half was watching, so I called out to him asking how the clock was running down. I felt sick, convinced they would nick a goal at the death.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Spent all morning uninstalling ( carefully) and Art deco bathroom suite, re fitted and pugged up a hole in the wall for waste and now fitting a new toilet.

I really enjoyed the game.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, were was the bizarre incident to rob is of all three points? Seems like ages since we've had such an uncontentious match.

To be fair we're getting to that stage of the season where any teams with over 30 points have half an eye on the beach - Southampton looked like one of those teams... and they may be packing their bags too early if they aren't careful.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I spent the last 8 minutes in the kitchen, just listening as I couldn’t bear to watch. My other half was watching, so I called out to him asking how the clock was running down. I felt sick, convinced they would nick a goal at the death.

Yep done that a few times over the years watching the Albion on TV lol

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Excellent. the Zeqiri for Burn was crucial. I assume that the hamstring line was correct - however still a tactical sub that solved a problem as it wasn't like for like. Pleased for everyone as we haven't had the luck - and I don't think today's win was lucky either. Very professional performance. Next weekend against the barcodes looks huge.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Watched it with my Albion mad 7 year old son, we had cheers, we had tears (mine) and we had VICTORY! Not too much point raking over the ins and outs... it’s was simply well done.

Albion.

Special mention’s for Lallana - absolutely sublime, Welbeck too savvy and brilliant with it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Going to claim credit for that win. I couldn’t bear watch 2nd half or even listen to. Made lunch instead and only tuned back in for last 2mins of injury time. Fair to say I was not expecting that result. Ain’t it the hope that kills yer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports