Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Im definitely in the "Why is Ali Mac not starting" camp.
Played better than Gros recently, in fact has played pretty well every time Ive watched him recently. but GPott must have a plan and maybe his "We will learn from this" lesson is that he will sub him on for Lallana when he is inevitably knackered (as mentioned by various others).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You have to wonder quite how poor Trossard has to be in a game for him to be dropped for a future one. The man seems to be bullet-proof right now in that side, a position I really don't feel he deserves. Especially when there are other options available (which makes it a different situation to Maupay, Burn or White).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm hoping a few posters will eat their words regarding Trossard today.

When he's bad he's very bad... but there is a decent player in there. Who is capable of goals.

Hopefully he'll have one of his good games today.

When we first signed Trossard my first instinct was he had unbelievable pure talent.

However, he can’t finish, he’s the definition of a powderpuff finisher and my patience with him is running out based on the fact I seem to keep saying to people ‘he’ll come good’ I think his biggest issue is confidence, as with many of our attackers, but confidence and mindset is just as important as talent.

Let’s hope today is the day he shines :thumbsup:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
That 11 doesn't even make me excited. Burn, Trossard still starting. Unreal

Let's be honest here, we are down to Arry's immortal words 'bare bones' no defensive replacements on the bench and all of a muchness as midfield/striker replacements ! We are going to require a load of effort and never say die attitude to get anything out of this one. I know it's the same for all EPL clubs except the very top who have strength in depth but this season especially has been brutal for players with these short turnarounds and little or no recovery time. Just hope for the best and pray there are no more long term injuries.
Best of luck Pot's and the boys we are with you, please bring back a point or three. Come on now UTA.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Gross really needs to step up today and have a good game because he’s gone back to being slow and ineffective last few

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Lallana’s replacement on 60 mins?

Hoping Lallana makes the 90 again. I feel we will need him firing on all cylinders over the next couple of months so that we get a few moments quality to gain the points we need to survive

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I liked the Lallana- Maupay partnership, it brought 2 goals ( I offside, alright) . Since Welbeck’s penalty miss my confidence in him has dropped... I hope I am wrong.
This is not the time for negativity or even reality, it is the time for hope.. perhaps today’s the day?:clap2::clap2:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm more concerned by the absence of any defender on the bench - if one of our four centre-backs [Dunk, Velts, White, Burn] should get injured or red-carded, who will fill that gap?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well.. they have a strong team and the wings will be scary. With Romeu out the Brighton should have a better chance of winning the midfield though.

They have their best fullback pairing selected too IMHO. Could be a lot of issues on the flanks for us.

I think they’ll stick Armstrong, Ward-Prowse and Diallo in the centre of the park; with Biss, Lallana & Groß I think we could well win the midfield as you say.

It’ll be interesting to see if Welbeck & Maupay play as a pushed up pair more often than when one is dropping back.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
When we first signed Trossard my first instinct was he had unbelievable pure talent.

However, he can’t finish, he’s the definition of a powderpuff finisher and my patience with him is running out based on the fact I seem to keep saying to people ‘he’ll come good’ I think his biggest issue is confidence, as with many of our attackers, but confidence and mindset is just as important as talent.

Let’s hope today is the day he shines :thumbsup:

Let’s hope so, I really like Trossard and I think he’s one of our more creative players.
He’s been incredibly unlucky at times, that Manchester United game for example, we could have been talking about an unbelievable hat trick....

Team Trossard today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here