Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
2 up top. Gotta put these chances away. We know we’ll get them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd have dropped Gross or Trossard rather than Mac Allister, but there we go.

Izzy on the bench again is good to see.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Lacking of any width.
Everything down the middle then

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maupay and Welbz :lolol:

85566B17-5FE2-4A53-83A2-4756F537274C.jpeg FDEBF9EA-97DE-4685-BCFD-EE67E8ADEF3A.jpeg

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The one positive from the Leicester game was the Lallana Maupay partnership which Potter seems to have disrupted with this line up. Strange.
No width but Southampton don’t play with much so maybe a ploy to pack the midfield and disrupt them. Not overly confident and the line up doesn’t give me any more. Thought this may have been the game for Moder. Obviously not.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surprised at people being surprised with the lack of width as there's not a lot to choose from in wide positions really.

And either way Trossard and Gross will probably play wide just like last week despite them not being "natural wingers".

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
For some bizarre reason we seem to be favourites with Bet365 so it’s worth putting money on Southampton to ease the pain when we lose.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don’t understand why drop Mac of all players

Sure he was poor and looked disinterested at times last couple but he’s one of the only players in our line up who actually excites me when he gets the ball, a front three of Trossard, Welbeck and Maupay is about as toothless a strike force as you’ll find anywhere.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surprised at people being surprised with the lack of width as there's not a lot to choose from in wide positions really.

And either way Trossard and Gross will probably play wide just like last week despite them not being "natural wingers".
Really worried about KWP today. Don't know how we are going to handle him. Saints starting line up looks strong sadly.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really worried about KWP today. Don't know how we are going to handle him. Saints starting line up looks strong sadly.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Well.. they have a strong team and the wings will be scary. With Romeu out the Brighton should have a better chance of winning the midfield though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here