Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It's no good blaming the ref for that result is it? We were totally and utterly crap today... If Saints had walked off the pitch on 90mins we still wouldn't have scored in the remaining 4 mins FFS... Blaming the opposition and/or officials every poxy week will not improve our ability to retain possession and pass to a team mate will it!

I am very disappointed today.. Not so much with the scoreline but more to do with how we are playing (or rather not playing) at the moment!

Sort it out please Gus, and fast!

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
You can have the League One title, nobody even remembers that. What people will remember is when we get promoted to the Premier League :D

the record books do , it will show us as champions forever not you scummers. also have you heard of the saying dont count your chickens before they hatch youve won fuckall yet you twat

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
Love how everyone's blaming the loss on the ref. We had numerous stonewall penalties turned down and many of your cynical fouls were ignored. Even the (unbiased) commentator said the ref was "very lenient" towards you in the first half. Like I said, there's a reason you have the worst disciplinary record in the league. We're the better team, we dominated the game and we deserved to win. Accept it.

Couldn't go to the game because I live oop north, before anyone has a go.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Love how everyone's blaming the loss on the ref. We had numerous stonewall penalties turned down and many of your cynical fouls were ignored. Even the (unbiased) commentator said the ref was "very lenient" towards you in the first half. Like I said, there's a reason you have the worst disciplinary record in the league. We're the better team, we dominated the game and we deserved to win. Accept it.

What about Guly only getting a yellow card when he went in with studs showing ???

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
and the man of the match goes to....

_manofthematch.jpg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I live "up north" and have a season ticket. Just a proper fan I guess. I think that commentator was probably wearing a Southampton shirt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Love how everyone's blaming the loss on the ref.
We're not, can't you read? We'd have lost whatever, but the ref was rubbish.
We had numerous stonewall penalties turned down
I assume you should have had one or two, I'd like to see them, but the claims I saw were pathetic (stream was not exacltly great so I didn't see it all).
We're the better team, we dominated the game and we deserved to win. Accept it.
I agree with that, I think most people here do.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
We're not, can't you read? We'd have lost whatever, but the ref was rubbish.
I assume you should have had one or two, I'd like to see them, but the claims I saw were pathetic (stream was not exacltly great so I didn't see it all).
I agree with that, I think most people here do.

Fair enough mate. Well done for the honesty.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

Couldn't go to the game fine... But on our board gloating? Pathetic really.

No one is doubting you deserved the win etc, and we are not expecting a title challenge, people are just aggrieved at some piss poor decisions by the ref.

We were the better team last year and you are the better team this year, congrats on the win... Now let's not be a complete dcik about it and just accept it for what it is instead of acting like a 10 yr old?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ah well. We lost and badly but there we are, we'll get over it. I can't see us going down this season which will certainly do me. Bad, bad week for Gus Poyet though, he needs to go away and have a little dispassionate think about things, on and off the pitch, as his own brand value must have plummeted recently.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
I live "up north" and have a season ticket. Just a proper fan I guess. I think that commentator was probably wearing a Southampton shirt.

Yes, because as a poor student, I have £300 to spend on a season ticket and £75 for a train every other weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here