Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Worst ref I have seen in ages. Gift the scum the game, they may have won anyway but we wil never know

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Two questions - Does Gus have what it takes at this level? And does he know what he is doing?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Att: 31,812

v West Ham United
Att: 32,152

St Mary's
Record Attendance:
32,151 Southampton v Arsenal
Premier League, December 29th, 2003.

Average Attendance:
2010-2011: 22,161 (League One)
2009-2010: 20,982 (League One)
2008-2009: 17,849 (Championship League)

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Poor poor poor, I am starting to feel a little worry despite playing a team that most likely will be back in the prem next year! What does make me laugh however, is the small mindedness of certain people on here who feel they have to react and respond to opposing fans who come omn here :lolol: Its so ridiclious how people react to being fished that its laughable, just ignore :lolol:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Saints fan in peace. I know it's a slightly sensitive time to maybe posting this, but would just like to say that whilst of course you feel aggrieved with the ref, and rightly so over 2 non penalties, it does taint the victory for us as well. All teams have been here where you grab a victory that, whilst probably deserved, was not an accurate reflection of the match and I really do hope other Saints fan will realise this and not gloat so much on the matter. Hopefully we can have a fair, possibly full-blooded encounter at your shiny new stadium :)

Anyway try not to reflect too much on this match and good luck with the rest of the season. I'm not one of these supporters on both sides obsessed with a rivalry and hope to see you up there come the end of the season.

Cheers - a sensible Saints fan unlike the prize berks from earlier. I seem to remember a game against Hartlepool in 2003-4 when we absolutely mugged them. Ben Roberts conceded a penalty for which he should have been sent off, only got a yellow, saved the penalty and we went on to win, after they had dominated for the first 20 minutes. Doesn't sound like that applies to us in any way today though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, you've cheated your way to 10th in the league. Why do you think you've got the most yellow cards in the division?

11th in the league actually , the only reason we've had so many cards is we haven't got away with cynical fouls that other teams get away with every time.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Terrible performance from the team, Gus, Tarrico, and the ref.
Our passing game has now gone- better teams out pass, weaker teams have learned how to counteract it. Most teams in this league are fitter, faster, stronger and more skilful than us. CMS utterly wasted.
Most important week of Poyet's managerial career coming up....

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Was never going to get back in it after the sending off, but never expected saints to cheat.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's be fair folks, Saints well deserved their victory today. What concerns me is how poor we looked and whether both our manager and squad is up to the level of the Championship. The signs don't look good.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Two questions - Does Gus have what it takes at this level? And does he know what he is doing?

There is this slightly worrying sensation that he is rattled and feeling the strain a bit. Deep breath Gus. Count to "diez" and move on. You can do this.

Albion Rob

Two dodgy pens and some poor defending for the first. Not exactly disastrous but then again we were never going to equalise if we never had a shot.

Fair play to them, they would have gone up the season before were it not for their points deduction so they're even more in the winning habit than we were. I personally think they'll end up in the playoffs and then it's anyone's game but you never know I guess.

As for us, I don't think we're relegation material but we're obviously nowhere near the top three either. Two wins over the next two Saturdays would be just fine and would give us a record of three wins in four - funny how the stats can be spun.

Still need a few players short of upper mid table, mind - based on the last couple of months I'd say 14th, which will be our highest finish for a generation!

Exiled-in-Aus

Nov 19, 2011
Wecould do with more decent opposition posters like you mate. Actually talk about football and don't refer to awful incidents that ended one of our best players careers with a kind of childish, gloating cruelty. I can't blame some Palace coming on here to laugh at our misfortune but these idiots do their club a disservice.

Btw, you are looking pretty good this year, well done, you deserve it.

Cheers mate, there are bad eggs at every club, just best not too bite. Frankly I don't see where the need for such derogatory gloating has come from, especially in the most sensitive moments. If the result was reversed I don't mind getting stick by mates after the match once everything is settled down, all part of the game. But to come on now gloating is a bit much and worst of all it was so predictable hence why I came on to at least give some resemblence of reasoning. Anyway top of the league, that will do nicely as you know too well the nice warm fuzzy that brings and hope that you can pick up after this and make a surge up the table.

Night all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports