Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Seating

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
All tickets have a seat no. on them . I don't get this sit where you want business, do people sit where they want at the Amex ? Everyone sits in their allocated seat so why is it a problem away in a sold out end to sit where your seat says you sit ?

I find strange aswell, never happens with us at away games as far as I'm aware (well not at any away games I've been to).
If someone was in my seat and I couldn't sit with my mates I would kick off as I'm sure others would.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like I am going to change my name to Dick at the weekend as I bought 4 tickets at the same time so that I can sit with my family and I intend to do this so if somebody is sitting in our seats I would expect a steward to sort it out, irrespective of who is sitting in those seats.

Last edited:

DanielT

I'm not going to kick up a fuss if there's plenty of spare seats and I have to sit one seat further along

but when it's a sell-out, finding another seat isn't going to be that easy.

forcing someone to hunt down another seat, even though they have the ticket for the one you've sat your selfish backside in? claiming "you should have been here earlier?" this smacks of "i'm bigger than you" or "i have more mates to back me up" school ground bullying

that's a truly arrogant and selfish person. What a blessing you are to BHA! (sarcasm) Love the team, but hate your fellow fans if you're not related to or friends with them

So I shall be getting one of the big boys to pull your hair if you're in my seat!

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
lol! every single 'big' away game we get this.

and the answers always the same: sit in your allocated seat! we did it at walsall, we did it at pompey... we didnt do it at stoke (and it was a f***ing nightmare for some!)

pompey = no for me +2

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Kick off all you like. If it is me, I wont be moving :tosser:

If you're in my seat I won't be kicking off. If you don't move when asked politely to do so then you will be assisted by the stewards to comply. The amount of kicking off that you do as a result will presumably influence whether you watch the match from your allocated seat or listen to it from outside the ground.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Kick off all you like. If it is me, I wont be moving :tosser:

I was of course joking, I don't really give a shit where anyone sits, I'd rather stand at the back and join in with the singing. It's just the whining tone of your post that grates. Why are you even asking the question, grow a pair and sit where you like if that's what you want to do. The fact that you're even asking tells me if I really wanted to move you, you wouldn't last 2 seconds child :lolol:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
1) It's random allocation of tickets because that's the way that the home team's agent (ie BHA) chooses to market/sell the tickets to their supporters. If this concerns you then take it up the Albion, don't start telling me that I can't sit in the seat I've paid for or what time I have to be at the ground etc etc.
2) It's no different to the Amex (whether STH or not), I've a contract with the home club for a specified seat; if anyone won't let me sit there, the stewards can sort it out.
3) Unreserved seating (such as at Millwall) at all games - a fair enough view but US means that the section capacity has to be reduced (by 15% I think), would you be happy for your ticket price to be increased to compensate?

But you haven't paid for a particular seat, you have no idea where in the stand your seat will be until the ticket turns up in the post, it's something outside your control. It's nothing like the same for a home fan with a season ticket, we all picked a specific seat off a plan and we knew exactly where it was going to be and that's why we chose it.

It really doesn't matter where you sit/stand away from home, I'm sure there are as many fans who don't want to sit in the middle with the singing fans and would much rather be around the edges where they can sit without hundreds of people standing in front of them and similarly there will be vocal fans who would prefer to be standing in the middle of the action rather than on the edge.

Generally I choose not to get to the ground early and I can't remember when I last had my allocated seat away from home, not through choice, but because it's pointless trying to find it as it will be taken, so I find somewhere else. Unless by chance you have been allocated the best seat in the house, why do you feel the need to have a seat that you didn't choose in the first place? Do you still insist in sitting in "your" seat if it's in the front row and it's pissing down?

As a matter of interest, where is it written that capacity is reduced by 15% for unreserved seating?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
As a matter of interest, where is it written that capacity is reduced by 15% for unreserved seating?

I first saw it mentioned midway through a thread started by Lord Bracknell on NSC on 13/08/2008 and then have seen it confirmed in quite a few places since then.

Insider also confirmed it a couple of years back, again on NSC.

I also recollect it being mentioned in connection with a club who actually have unreserved ST's and therefore have to reduce the capacity of that area - possibly Millwall but I could be wrong!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem comes with a group like ours 4 family who went to the trouble to go to the shop to buy our tickts because we want to sit togther. If people sit where they wish when we arrive at 2.45 there may well not be 4 seats together still available. Having bought our tickets I do not feel that we should have to arrive earlier.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
"I payed for my seat" NO you payed for A seat, its not like you had picked a particular seat... If you want to sit where you want get there early. Simple.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
"I payed for my seat" NO you payed for A seat, its not like you had picked a particular seat... If you want to sit where you want get there early. Simple.
No wrong, I paid for a seat and was allocated seat number whatever so that the club knew exactly who was sat where in case of any problems. Why should I have to arrive earlier to accomodate some fans who wish to sit in a seat that they were not allocated and have no legal right to.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's a bit like on the train isn't it, people just don't want to squeeze down the aisles, like they are going to get trapped or something. Same is true of seating, so many people end up leaving a single seat between themselves and the next group, then you end of with a load of single seats dotted around the stand no one can actually see because the numpty's that have decided to seat in any old seat have not budged up either.

If we are going to sell out our end regularly, then we're going to have to 'grow up', and get used to sitting where our ticket indicates we should.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Such a small club mentality really, do you think clubs that regularly sell out their away allocations actually have a free-for-all at every away game? Of course they don't, they're used to sitting in the seat on their ticket, and that's what they do. It would be total carnage every week otherwise.

Undersell a 500 or 1000 seats then of course it doesn't really matter. I guess you'd rather have that?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Millwall was unreserved seating and it was total chaos shortly before and just after kick-off. The fact that they sold more tickets than the 1600 actual seats did not help and left the lower stand empty. Madness!

seagull33

Apr 6, 2010
I just dont get why we have to have a brand new thread every time we get a sell out away .

Its simples really. I took my sprog to Pompey away when we arrived at our seats they were taken by a group of 4 who had been split up 2 and 2 on the ticket sales so I just asked the bloke where his seats were . We sat in their seats and they stayed together as a group of 4 ......... I got a seat and they got to stay together , everyone happy !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here