Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Seating

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
All agree on first come first serve seating for the saints match? Theres 6 of us going and our "allocated" seats arent anywhere near each other.

No ones going to be a dick about this are they.......

D

Deleted member 18477

lol! every single 'big' away game we get this.

and the answers always the same: sit in your allocated seat! we did it at walsall, we did it at pompey... we didnt do it at stoke (and it was a f***ing nightmare for some!)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sit in your seat - makes it a lot easier and is the way it works at every bloody game

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
All agree on first come first serve seating for the saints match? Theres 6 of us going and our "allocated" seats arent anywhere near each other.

No ones going to be a dick about this are they.......

Believe me they will, I had a couple of basket cases expecting me to move at leicester when we were no where near sold out and there were seats everywhere. I remember the stewards at st marys last year never even made the effort and just left people to stand in the aisles though.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Now, I really don't understand the issue with this one.

I have been to hundreds of away games and rarely, maybe never, have I sat in my allocated seat. Also, I have NEVER had an issue with anyone wanting me to move. Maybe I've just been lucky?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This really is a favourite of mine:

Veggie Haggis Recipe

1 small carrot, very finely chopped
1 small piece of yellow turnip, very finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
8 mushrooms
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup dry red lentils
600 ml vegetable stock or water
red kidney beans, mashed
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried rosemary
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
salt & black pepper
1 1/3 cup fine oatmeal
1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice

Saute onion in 1 Tbsp oil for 5 minutes, then add carrot, turnip, mushrooms, and garlic for a further 5 minutes.

Add the lentils and ¾ of the stock or water, bring to boil then reduce to a simmer.

Blend kidney beans with remaining stock/water and add to the pot with seasonings. Cook for 10-15 minutes.

Add oatmeal, simmer another 10-15 minutes, adding water if necessary. Mixture should end up loose and moist, but not runny.

Stir in lemon juice.

Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 5x9" loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes on 375F/190C.

Serve with mashed neeps (turnips) and mashed spuds

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Oh...so people are going to be a dick about it.

Well I didnt do it at pompy, i didnt do it at bristol, i didnt do it at birmingham, I didnt do it at Watford, I didnt do it at Ipswich and Im not doing it at southampton! mwahahaha

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The stewards at Southampton have always been very strict about people sitting/standing in their allocated seat. It's a sellout so I guess they will do so again.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
my point is if nobody complains there wont be an issue.

But I guess when I said "All agreed" on here it was asking a bit much....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Depends what it says on the ticket as well. If it says unallocated seating then it really is a free for all.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
All agree assumes everyone going to Southampton reads NSC. I reckon significantly less than half the fans going to Southampton read NSC (no evidence - just a wild guess) so even if everyone on here agrees (which they wont) it doesn't mean anything. If everyone does sit where they like then what happens to the groups of 4 of 5 who have tickets next to each other and try to take their seats close to kick-off? There wont be 4 or 5 seats together and they'll want people to move and it'll all go wrong. You might say it's their fault for not arriving earlier but surely the point of having reserved seats is that you don't need to arrive early.

D

Deleted member 18477

my point is if nobody complains there wont be an issue.

But I guess when I said "All agreed" on here it was asking a bit much....

the question really should be...why wouldnt you just sit in your allocated seat? its no one elses fault you didnt buy them next to your mates. thats tough shit in fairness!

Jan 30, 2008
i went to Reading one year ,plenty of seats available, steward came up and asked to see my ticket then told me that i couldn't sit where i was and that i had to go to my seat, told him he was being stupid too which he replied " your being filmed " :tosser:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
At Watford the guys in front of us got asked to move just before kick-off by the people whose seats they were in, they agreed to move. It turned we were in their seats, there were 5 of us and we were in 2 of our seats plus 3 immediately next to our seats. They asked us to move which we agreed to. We then asked the 3 people in our remaining seats if they'd move. They refused so we got screwed and had to split up. This is why I much prefer grounds where, when sold out or close to sold out, sitting in your allocated seat is enforced. When the away end is nowhere near selling out, like at Cardiff, unreserved seating does seem more sensible.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
the question really should be...why wouldnt you just sit in your allocated seat? its no one elses fault you didnt buy them next to your mates. thats tough shit in fairness!

Lots of reasons. Maybe the were circumstances beyond my control that meant I could'nt get the tickets next to each other. Maybe my seat is bang smack in the middle of a family with children and they wont appriciate my "enthusiasm". Maybe im taking a disabled brother to his first game and need to be with him.

Why wouldnt you just not be a dick about it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here