Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Sorry

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's China mainly.

I've been pretty aggressively blocking ranges of IP addresses. There's a chance that some legitimate users could get caught up in this - contact me if so*.

* - although if you have been blocked, you won't be reading this.

I wonder if that's why there were over 10,000 people online a few days ago. There were a couple of threads about it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just glad it's back. Thanks [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Yes, thanks from me as well, if not my wife, who constantly moans at the time I spend on here. Actually, I thought that it had been closed down due to the vitriol of yesterday in Westminster and that many of the comments on here!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Genuinely I'm not entirely sure...

It does look as though NSC has been under a sustained attack, and it's a matter of keeping the bad guys away, whilst letting the good guys in.

All I know is that it is a massive pain in the arse I could do without right now.

Fingers crossed...

If you can afford it, look into using Cloudflare.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's all.

Not sure if we're back properly or not, so enjoy it whilst it lasts.
Apologies not needed!

One thing though - now you've got NSC back working, can you ditch the thumbs down buttons again please? - they were such a source of abuse, or a means of abuse if you prefer, and NSC was a much better place after they'd been removed.

(Yes, I do fully expect someone to think it would be awfully witty (half-witty would be more appropriate) to come along and thumbs down this message; no worry - there always have been the occasional humanoid turd who somehow managed to log on). :wink:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Is there any relevance to the login screen no longer keeping passwords, er, protected?

NSC Screengrab.PNG

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's happened again at 7.30 this time. Am I the only one getting this?

Dear Cheshire Cat,

Someone has tried to log into your account on North Stand Chat with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 78.147.39.206

All the best,
North Stand Chat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here