Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soon to be 60.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
In just over a week I'll reach this landmark. I'm not one for birthdays but, far from feeling old & depressed, I'm rather looking forward to things like being able to use my age to excuse my rude and grumpy behavior. it'll also be my excuse for being totally wrong when losing pointless arguments and for wearing totally style less & ill fitting clothes.

As an oldie, I'll also be tight and after every bargain and discount and this is where you come in. Please, let me know what bargains and benefits are out there? I don't think the bus pass comes along at 60 but trains, cinema, theatre and the like?

Many thanks to all those at reply whilst I am still a youngster in my 50's. Once i reach 60 you'll get no thanks but maybe a grunt or mumble if it's really good.

Surely now you must qualify for a free lift pass to the WSU concourse.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
There were probably half a dozen away games this season where the 'senior' age limit was 60. The closer you get to 65 the more you can risk it - depending on how young you look.

Never mind how old you look, just try it. Been getting in at senior prices at away games and cinemas and elsewhere since I was in my middle 50's. If they are younger than you, you are old. :lolol:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Doesn't seem that long ago that we were having such a fun time at Westlain Ken, I reach the same milestone in October

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm going back to the new/old school on Thursday to give a talk to the 1st/year 7 kids about school life way back then.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You should certainly insist on silence at the breakfast table once you reach 60, except for the odd tut from behind your copy of The Times.

Strangely enough... I currently work at Mid Sussex Council and I pop over to the library at lunchtime and read the Argus and.... The Times.(Never used to).

I read an article the other day that Middle Age now starts at 60! That will do for me. As others have mentioned on this thread, you don't feel older. Others may see you as older but that's another matter. :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Kids were playing lego and contemplating the meaning of life last night whilst I was watching the early evening news.

Son (aged 3): How old is daddy?
Daughter (aged 5): 45
Son (aged 3): Is that near the end of the numbers?
Daughter (aged 5): Probably.

:shootself:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Another cracker from my 3 year old lad today, during a game of I-spy.

"I-spy, with my little eye, something beginning with lamp post."

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A bitter/sweet benefit this week. Went for a quick lunchtime haircut at a Mr Lee place in Western Road. Only going for a 4 all over so not too fussed, had my £10.00 ready for £8.00 cut & tip so pleasantly surprised when he only charged me £6.00, saved a couple of quid.

A few days later I was passing same place and say the notice "OAP haircuts £6.00" So now I no longer just feel like an old git, I look like one too!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
What are you doing still up at this time of night, you are supposed to be in bed by 9.30pm.

A bitter/sweet benefit this week. Went for a quick lunchtime haircut at a Mr Lee place in Western Road. Only going for a 4 all over so not too fussed, had my £10.00 ready for £8.00 cut & tip so pleasantly surprised when he only charged me £6.00, saved a couple of quid.

A few days later I was passing same place and say the notice "OAP haircuts £6.00" So now I no longer just feel like an old git, I look like one too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here