Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soon to be 60.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Not too fussed about the bus pass as have a Son who works for a bus company and I get a pass which B&H accept. I also take some medication which gives me free prescriptions so miss out there too!

I will miss out on the 65 retirement age by a few weeks so, provided I'm still working, 66 for me. Really feel sorry for the youngsters who are going to have to struggle on to a stupid age.

This thread was almost making me look forward to getting old. Then I read that bit and I was reminded that, as I'm in mid/late twenties, I'll probably never get to actually retire.

Yay.

theboybilly

I reached 60 last September and have already bought one discounted 'away' ticket - Rotherham (everybody else seems to work on 65 being the cut-off point)
Just one more reason to have a soft spot for the Millers (apart from it being a great awayday anyway)

You qualify for a Senior Railcard when you reach your 60th birthday - but you have to pay for it. Well worth having, though, especially if you have an interest in leisure activities that might tempt you to travel to places like Middlesbrough.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My 60th this year as well. Twenty years ago the thought of getting here was frightening. Now I'm looking forward to it. Already planning a trip to some micro breweries up north but where a good session was 10 pints now it is three. Need to get back into shape.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Freddie - were you formerly known in these parts as Bev of Bevendean? Many happy returns anyway. I think turning 60 means you're officially a "silver surfer".

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
How old do you look? I'm "only" 57, and don't qualify for concessions yet. I was a bit peeved when my wife bought me a "senior" ticket at the cinema, for which the qualifying age is 65. :rant: We're all just ancient to the kids at the desk.

Likewise. My other half does that and I think we will never get away with it. We always do. Not sure whether to be pleased or insulted.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Free prescriptions, which I already got.
Oh and the NHS send you a bowel cancer kit. Which was nice.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How old do you look? I'm "only" 57, and don't qualify for concessions yet. I was a bit peeved when my wife bought me a "senior" ticket at the cinema, for which the qualifying age is 65. :rant: We're all just ancient to the kids at the desk.

You and I are the same age Oxy.I have always felt fine about my age.

Mind you, I have just been invited to a school reunion next month. We all left school 40 years ago, Now that does make me feel old.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Just looking forward to the free prescriptions when I turn 60 in November. As for the rest of it just another year closer to retiring.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I reached 60 last September and have already bought one discounted 'away' ticket - Rotherham (everybody else seems to work on 65 being the cut-off point)
Just one more reason to have a soft spot for the Millers (apart from it being a great awayday anyway)

There were probably half a dozen away games this season where the 'senior' age limit was 60. The closer you get to 65 the more you can risk it - depending on how young you look.
The bus pass qualifying age is the current state retirement age for women, which is increasing all the time. Useful in other areas of the country.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You should certainly insist on silence at the breakfast table once you reach 60, except for the odd tut from behind your copy of The Times.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez, there are a lot of youngsters on here....Put your age to a song...Sweet Sixteen....,24 Hrs to Tulsa,....40,Shades of Green...what would your song be?

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
60 this August, where does the time go? still have the mental age of a teenager though.:rave:
And still singing and cursing in the North stand, shame on me.
But I must say the older I'm getting the more I'm moaning and getting angry with idiots, red tape and stupid rules its getting to the point of, I have not got enough bullets for my gun:laugh:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You should certainly insist on silence at the breakfast table once you reach 60, except for the odd tut from behind your copy of The Times.

Agree in principal although I find a timely hurrrumph can cover a quiet expulsion of wind :blush:

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
60 this August, where does the time go? still have the mental age of a teenager though.:rave:
And still singing and cursing in the North stand, shame on me.
But I must say the older I'm getting the more I'm moaning and getting angry with idiots, red tape and stupid rules its getting to the point of, I have not got enough bullets for my gun:laugh:

Same as mate, still giving it large in the North Stand at 66, mind you I have to stop singing half way through to go for a slash!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Heading out for my last weekend before 60. I have developed a tour that I call the Zizkov Safari, that can only be completed downhill at my age. It involves bars, and music clubs that I am also able to smoke herb in. Need a benchmark to see if anything changes next weekend.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here