Sony and their big announcement Wednesday 6pm EST...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Poor press conference, especially when adding in crazy Japanese people into the mix.
Watchdogs most interesting game there but nothing has got me that excited tbh.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So we still don't know what the PS4 actually looks like do we? I thought that was partly the point of the launch.

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
Nothing special, 6 years and this is all they come up with. Hopefully the new Xbox wets my appetite a little more.

I think that in 6 years that have made vast improvements that are ahead of it's time already and I don't see how the x-box could be much better, probably will be the same but if you believe the rumors that are out there the ps4 is more powerful than the x-box 720, I'm sure we will have cross gen games again but I was really really impressed with the games there showed because those graphics are a million times better than the ps3 current output. When I play the ps3 now the games are starting to lose there appeal sometimes so a new consoles is differently what we need

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So we still don't know what the PS4 actually looks like do we? I thought that was partly the point of the launch.

No not really, nor the specs or the price or the launch date, guess they'll say more at E3 in June. All we know is its coming out and there'll be some game for it.

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
Destiny dose look too much like halo at some points and I swear I hear a sound fx from the halo series, probably will be a massive money spinner for them

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The first things they mentioned were specs.

They have gone to a more developmental PC hardware to help devs.
8GB RAM.
Massive amounts of interface interation.
No price yet, probably wait for E3 and for Microsoft to get out there with their pricing etc.
Release date is Holidays, so I would say November.

I don't know what some of y'all were watching but it showed the specs, showed the games, showed the controller, showed the online. A pic of the box that will contain it is just a desperation thing for people to grab at.

Overall, Nintendo are in ruins.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yep it was a complete waste of time. Sony are having a particular problem of stagnation for me atm. Big game developers are only funding "safe" (ie boring and unoriginal) projects so the next generation of console gaming will be just like the last. FPS shooters, linear RPGs, racing games, footy games and Lego "insert movie here" titles.

Thank f*** for PC gaming and open source crowd funding is all I can say.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
It's gonna screw pc gamers over once again, nearly all games are console ports. Nvidia just released their new graphics card range Titan, this means the card will never produce its potential. Consoles are a massive waste of money and time.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
...but I was really really impressed with the games there showed because those graphics are a million times better than the ps3 current output. When I play the ps3 now the games are starting to lose there appeal sometimes so a new consoles is differently what we need

Really?! I didn't think the graphics really stood out. Looked quite similar to what first party studios are coming up this gen. Though there will probably be a marked improvement for multi-format games. There certainly wasn't a PS1>PS2, or PS2>PS3 leap there.

It was all very nice, interface looked a lot nicer and modern, some nice features, play whilst you're downloading a game, watching your friends playing games and turning on the machine exactly where you left off. But nothing really blew me away. Controller had been leaked before hand, and Killzone and Infamous were good bets, as those studios hadn't released a PS3 game for a couple of years. Watch_Dogs again looked stunning but this mutli-format and coming to PS3 as well, same with Destiny.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's sad to say, Nintendo are well and truly finished.
They peaked between the back end of the N64 and the start of the Game Cube.

The ONLY reason they managed to claw their way back into the games industry is due to Nintendo producing the first (decent) motion controlled gaming device. Unfortunately that was their only ace in the hole. There's still a small market for the Wii, but it's regressing since the price reductions of both the 360 and PS3. Once the PS4 and the 720/Infinite are released, game over.

Nintendo will need to pull another trick out of the bag to have any chance of survival, however with the massive Wii-U flop and no prospect of a new device that will offer gamer's something 'different' like they did with the Wii, they'll be lucky to be in the market in 18 months time.

Another one bites the dust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports