Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sony and their big announcement Wednesday 6pm EST...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Or 11pm for us British LADS. So what are we all thinking? Obviously the major suspect and most probable is the PS4, getting it out there before the new Xbox and at a rumoured £300 price tag would make it a day one buy for me. Stick an upgraded Fifa and GTA5 on Launch and I'll queue all night for it. Always been a Sony loyalist so I'll get it if it's more expensive anyway, just not right away.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm reliably informed that they are bringing out some sort of "portable music player"

Sneak peek :

8afa920f3bc2f2e9fd4a97334db76b3cbee8e2d4.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Or 11pm for us British LADS. So what are we all thinking? Obviously the major suspect and most probable is the PS4, getting it out there before the new Xbox and at a rumoured £300 price tag would make it a day one buy for me. Stick an upgraded Fifa and GTA5 on Launch and I'll queue all night for it. Always been a Sony loyalist so I'll get it if it's more expensive anyway, just not right away.

Same here thinking its the PS4... Really gonna be quite an exciting piece of kit.

Plus Sony want to get ahead of their competitors unlike last time when the Xbox stole a decent share of the market as a result of the delays of launching the ps 3

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I was going to try and flog my PS3 this week as I never have the time to play it, if they're announcing the PS4 then the PS3 will start to depreciate in 12 months or so.

I reckon a lot of people will sell to help finance the new one.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Unless they're deliberately trolling everyone, it can only be the PS4. They've been releasing documentary-style features looking at the PS1, 2 and 3 over the last few days.

I doubt they'll announce a release date or more importantly a price - I think it'll be a case of "There is a PS4, it is out Q4 of this year, looks at the hardware specs oooh snazzy". I'd be pleasantly surprised if there are any solid details about the release

I don't, as a rule, get hardware on launch - I wait until the second generation so the kinks have been ironed out. I'd be tempted though

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Unless they're deliberately trolling everyone, it can only be the PS4. They've been releasing documentary-style features looking at the PS1, 2 and 3 over the last few days.

I doubt they'll announce a release date or more importantly a price - I think it'll be a case of "There is a PS4, it is out Q4 of this year, looks at the hardware specs oooh snazzy". I'd be pleasantly surprised if there are any solid details about the release

I don't, as a rule, get hardware on launch - I wait until the second generation so the kinks have been ironed out. I'd be tempted though

Same here regarding new hardware. Get it for cheaper a year later with all the shit resolved.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I reckon they're announcing a new Slim Slim Slim PS3.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They're releasing a white version of the Vita

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I usually wait a while myself but I bought a PS3 almost at launch and it is still running to this day!

So that has definitely swayed me to more of a convincing buy than a wait and see, but it really depends on what it's going to do so differently from the PS3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here