Sony and their big announcement Wednesday 6pm EST...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had a PS2, have been loyal and enjoyed the Xbox360 but will be open to seeing if Sony do something better this time round.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's the PS4 announcement. What else could it possibly be?

A device capable of delivering 4k content to a Ultra HD television either by upscaling or native resolution ?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I am looking forward to this announcement, hopefully it will be for the PS4 however I think it's strange that they could 'possibly' release the console in 2013.. There's still a fair few BIG titles to come out later this year;
GTA V
FF XIII - Versus
The Last of Us
Watch Dogs
+ A few other big hitters.

Seems strange to release these around the same time of a 'possible' next gen console release?!

I can only see a PS4 release mid 2014. :shrug:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Or 11pm for us British LADS. So what are we all thinking? Obviously the major suspect and most probable is the PS4, getting it out there before the new Xbox and at a rumoured £300 price tag would make it a day one buy for me. Stick an upgraded Fifa and GTA5 on Launch and I'll queue all night for it. Always been a Sony loyalist so I'll get it if it's more expensive anyway, just not right away.
Will it be before the new XBox though? Details have already been released on the new XBox iirthismonthsEdgec (not that I'm taking sides either way - I've always been strictly a Nintendo console owner although the Wii U might be pushing it a bit).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Will it be before the new XBox though? Details have already been released on the new XBox iirthismonthsEdgec (not that I'm taking sides either way - I've always been strictly a Nintendo console owner although the Wii U might be pushing it a bit).

Weve heard nothing official on the next Xbox, Sony are going to press first suggesting they might be releasing first or at the same time, I can't really see them releasing significantly after Microsoft this generation. I'm excited personally, always been a Sony/Playstation can, back to the days of playing Tony Hawks games on my PS1.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Me too, first week purchase and still running despite lots of abuse... and THAT's why PS3 is better than the Xbox - Most of my Xbox mates have gone through at least one console.

I've only had 1 xbox, does that mean we can't be friends? :down:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Weve heard nothing official on the next Xbox, Sony are going to press first suggesting they might be releasing first or at the same time, I can't really see them released ng significantly after MicroSoft this generation. I'm excited personally, always been a Sony/PlYstation can, back to the days of playing Tony Hawks games on my PS1.
I have to admit that this generation of consoles has been the one where I've really wished I could afford more than one console due to missing out on some great looking games (Bayonetta especially) but unfortunately I was just limited to one and I just don't like the idea of not being able to play any new Zelda/Metroid games.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If Xbox are to release at the same time/before Sony on this one, it'll look like a proper rush job if Sony give a release date today.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Apparently Sucker Punch are in attendance at the event tonight. Is it wishful thinking to hope that Infamous 3 might be a launch title?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i think they'll announce for Q4 2013 then it'll be delayed until this time next year
Will try and get it straight away - even if they develop a 2nd model with problems ironed out I will sell it and get that with the difference.
Any problems should be fixed pretty quick with firmware updates/recalls so not worried about buying day one

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Slightly ioff topic but...does anyone have their PS3 jailbroken, thinking about it but not sure how easy it is to do? Can you play games from a hard drive or Nas server?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It has to be close to my favourite POINTLESS argument when people take 'sides' in the Xbox vs PS3 WAR.

I have no idea why purchasing something, apparently, means you have to be an uberfan and HATE the other item.

I bought an Xbox360 when at uni. It was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the ps3 and thats why I bought it. It's been a brilliant item but I'm not ANTI PS3 because I went Xbox. In another situation I may have bought the PS3 and been equally as happy.

I've played Fifa on both and they are the same.
I played Guitar hero on both and they are the same.

Just don't get it.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
A few months ago I heard desert island discs with Sir Howard Stringer, now Chairman of the Board and formerly CEO of Sony. He left for America when he was very young and got a job answering phones for the Ed Sullivan show, he was then drafted to the Vietnam war where he was decorated for bravery. Afterwards he went back to American tv and won loads of emmy's for his productions and later became the first non Japanese CEO of Sony. What a remarkable Brit!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports