Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that bring a tear

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you seen that full concert? It's called 'Stop Making Sense' and it's absolutely amazing.

I have not, no. I've seen a number of clips from it though. I will look for it on DVD.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Sunshine ater the rain.Ekie Brooks,helped me move on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Slightly oddly mine is Fountains of Wayne with Stacey's Mom as it reminds me of some very good times which are now well past.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
QUOTE=sten_super;3765646]Celion Dion - My Heart Will Go On

In fact anything by Celine Dion.

Did I mention they were tears of rage, just before I take a chair to the stereo?[/QUOTE]

:lolol::laugh::lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
'The Winner Takes It All', Abba.

Brilliant song: great tune, but really sad lyrics.

Gets me every time.:cry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Electric Dreams - Oakey and Moroda

The summer I left school a lad from our village was killed in a motorbike accident, this was his favourite tune and he had ordered the record a couple of days before he died, they played it at his funeral. He was one of those people who had no enemies...he was in my brother's year at school and with us both in the cubs and scouts... everyone knew him and his family, his death affected us all.

On the day he died the weather was foul and he waited at work before leaving to go home, before finally deciding to leave. His mum phoned his work a few minutes after he had left to tell him to wait, she would drive over to pick him up...he never made it home. In the record there is a line "too late to stay"...which summed up the situation and even now, all these years later, I still cannot bear to hear the record.

Rip Muggy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here