Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that bring a tear

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Was listening to a song earlier that i find almost always brings a tear to the eye, and wondered which ones do that for you. I do not mean specific ones that may have deeply personal memories as I appreciate how personal they are. More along the lines of "everyday" songs/tunes.
For me there are two that come to mind. Just now I heard Amazing Grace, which tends to really impact me, and the other is Abide with Me..

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Reckon I will be here all day lol, just playing Slipping through My Fingers, was not sure i knew it, but remember it now. Rip it up next lol

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Drive by The Cars
because of the Ethiopian Video at Live Aid

Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I can feel a compilation coming on!!!! or maybe not

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
my 19 year old nephew was cremated to Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel, almost 20 years on, lets just say, it brings a tear or two

c'mon, you did ask!

.[/QUOTE

Can empathise mate. For me it was Bridge over troubled waters by Johnny Cash at my daughters memorial service three years ago. We had three songs that day, the other two were Dylan songs, Forever Young and Girl of the north country

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Toni Braxton -Unbreak My Heart.

Good song and was a fav of one of my lads when he was 13 and was taken ill and this song was in my head as we travelled from Brighton to Great Ormond Street with the unmentionable thought that he might not be coming back.

We had a happy ending and, despite having to give up any thoughts of playing footie, he has done 3 marathons and is Albion mad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's loads, but this one always comes to mind.

[yt]5zNdMc6wGtU[/yt]

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Seasons in the sun.
Terry Jacks

Think its because when i first heard it i was at a young age, in love, and it made me realise that nothing is forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here